Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER >

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

Old 10-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

I could think of some do-overs, but I might not be quilting now, if my life was different, so I wouldn't want any do-overs.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:46 AM

I wish I could have a 'do over' on one silly little thing. Everything else has brought me to where I am, and where I am needed most.

I was outside on a smoke break (I've been quit 8 years)at work. A black truck pulled up and the most beautiful man I have ever seen rolled down the window and said "Hello. You are a pretty one." I looked at him for a second, said "Thank you, you are very kind. That has to be the cleanest black truck I have ever seen." He smiled - gosh, he was gorgeous - said he just bought it, then asked if I would like to go for a ride. I must have looked at him like he was a serial killer or something because he said " I'll bring you right back. Your boss and I are friends and he'd have my head if I don't have you back by the end of your lunch break. I saw you the other day and asked who you were but no one would introduce me to you. I only want to talk to you."

I told him No!! To this day I replay it in my head and wonder what he wanted to talk about. I found out later on that he is a very successful businessman, single and everyone who meets him thinks he is wonderful.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 AM

I would make less mistakes.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:13 AM

I'm not sure who said this--"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself".
That's kind of how I feel. I do agree with most, that if I hadn't done the things I did and taken the forks in the road that I chose, I wouldn't be where I am today and I do like where I am today. I do wish I had discovered quilting sooner, though.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:22 AM

Not have let my first husband take away my self-esteem, confidence and sense of self-worth. We've been divorced for 9 years after 27 years of marriage and I still struggle daily with these feelings which have affected me in so many ways. Couple that with a mentally ill sister who does everything possible to diminish me further and cause divisions between others in the family. I guess to sum it up, I would like a do-over to be able to recognize toxic people and rid my life of their drama much earlier.

I am so very blessed with three incredible children, two beautiful and healthy grandsons and a second husband who loves me for just who I am and says I would not be the person I am without living all the previous years exactly as I did.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:28 AM

Raising my kids.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:30 AM

The things I would like to have changed were out of my control but I turned out pretty good in spit of that. Maybe do things a little different when raising our kids. But again they turned out pretty good too.
In my mid 30's my body started falling apart and I hurt most days. The thing I tell people in a joking way ( but really mean) is if I knew my body was going to give out on me I would have had a lot more fun when I was younger.
I have pain and depression but I have to say "Life is good".
Old 10-08-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
June 10, 2006. My husband and I would not have gone to Portland, but stayed home and went to the movies with our daughter. Then my daughter wouldn't have suffered her TBI and we wouldn't have lost her.
MY HEART JUST SWELLS
with love for you.
Hugs
Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 AM

I would have been braver in general. Do what I wanted to do instead of what everyone else told me I should do.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

I would change a lot of things but I can't let myself go there. It's a waste of time and non-productive for me.
There's so much to be grateful for and I choose to focus on that instead. It's something I have to consciously do each day b/c it's easier to focus on what's wrong than what's right.. Makes all the difference in how my day goes.