Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER >

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE DO-OVER

Old 10-08-2011, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by Lisanne
What about you, Dreamer?

I would have come from a family
that loved and cared about me...
that would have formed a completely different me...
a me I would probably like today.
You made me get teary. You cannot change where or who you came from. You made yourself who you are and I believe you are a really good person with a wonderful heart. You have a cyber family here who loves you!
Hugs.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:58 AM

I wouldn't change a thing.
I gave up a full ride to college to move with my new DH for his first job. We have been married for 36 years. He still treats me like a princess. My kids are grown, happy and successful and are good people. My grandgirls are wonderful. I like my job.
A few weeks ago my hubby and I were sitting in our porch swing holding hands. He looks at me and says, "Do you know how lucky we are? We may not be rich, but we are still in love and content. How many people our age can say that?".
Nope, wouldn't change a thing.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I wouldn't change a thing.
I gave up a full ride to college to move with my new DH for his first job. We have been married for 36 years. He still treats me like a princess. My kids are grown, happy and successful and are good people. My grandgirls are wonderful. I like my job.
A few weeks ago my hubby and I were sitting in our porch swing holding hands. He looks at me and says, "Do you know how lucky we are? We may not be rich, but we are still in love and content. How many people our age can say that?".
Nope, wouldn't change a thing.
:thumbup:
Old 10-08-2011, 04:26 AM

I would have bought the cheap block of land I was considering - that is now in the middle of Millionaires Row.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:36 AM

Not move from Il. to Ga. I really miss my grandkids and children.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:38 AM

We would have gone to church, as a family, regularly.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Scotlass
Goodness this question really had me stop and think!! I have had some really (interesting) life experiences and my choices at times were perhaps questionable (I know my parents thought so) but when it comes right down to it I am here today the product of my life experiences and I am GOOD! I have a great DH, it took more than one try to find him, we will never been money rich, but we are comfortable and loved and what more is there?
I have read many answers to this question, trying to think of mine. Scotlass really summed it up for me. I have had 3 men in my life, with one 3 children who are very dear to me, and my 3rd husband is a "keeper". What's that saying "third time is a charm". But on this road, there has been some real SPEED BUMPS to contend with. They have made my life stronger and interesting, and without them I wouldn't be where I'm now. That is what life is about, events good and bad and how you deal with them.
Today, is a year since I flew to Florida to be with my daughter as she laid in a hospital bed . All because of drugs. Another event that has affected my life, would I change it ????? It made me stronger to face..what..I do not know. Staci, is alive and trying to stay clean and I'm praying that she can do it.
We have control over the small things and have to "tolerate" the hard things. You must remember ,you didn't cause the problem, you can't control everything in our lives, nor cure everyone problems. Live your life the best you can and the smile...they will wonder what you are up to.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:53 AM

I always wanted to be a nurse and achieved my goals in 1990. Now I wish I had become a CPA instead. Because I am a nurse, my family thinks I should be taking care of everyone and I do, with no help from any of them. Well, at least I have my my quilting to keep me sane(LOL...most of the time).
Old 10-08-2011, 04:57 AM

I would have skipped college and travelled instead.

I would have made my current house a little bigger when we built it.

I would have taken better care of my teeth.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:00 AM

I'd marry my DH again. 42 years together. I was 19 he was 23 and fresh back from Vietnam. I don't regret a minute of our lives together and love him more every day. We raised 4 children of our own and 3 precious strays that wandered in with them over the years. Had a sweet DIL die at 20 and had the privilege of raising a granddaughter that is like our own child. Joy and tears. Mostly joy.
Ann in TN