Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just wondering where you get your fabric... >

Just wondering where you get your fabric...

Just wondering where you get your fabric...

Old 02-04-2011, 07:20 AM

I'm fairly new at buying fabrics so have gotten some from an LQS in a neighboring town when she puts it on the discounted table, as well as Walmart in that same town (seem to have better fabrics than Walmart in my town) although I do on occasion buy in my town at Walmarts. Have also bought from JoAnn's and Hancocks in another town south of us. Where ever I can find it at a good price I buy it.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 AM

I buy most of my quilting fabric from Hancock's of Paducah. They have a table with remnants of bolts. When ordering on line, the last was OldCountryStorefabrics.com . For apparel, I order from fabrics.com. I buy good quality fabric whereever I can get a good price.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:10 AM

Has anyone ever shopped atOCHO? If so let me know if it is worth traveling to.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Any particular places among these you've listed for fabrics that are particularly good for landscape quilts -- like "grass", "rocks", "trees", etc.???
Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 AM

todaysquilting.com has a great sale on at the moment all the top quality fabrics, Jelly Rolls, Fat Quarters etc, my order is on its way to rain drenched Australia at this moment.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:02 PM

I use to go to good will and salvation arm as well, but my daughter moved us 40 miles out, now I do not have those options. When I have a little extra I now buy from those on line. Someday, will not always be like today. :)
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM

Well for me, I am lucky to have a job where I travel four states, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Utah, so while I am on the road I stop at thrift stores, quilt shops and jo-anns. I love finding good deals, and I am usually lucky enough to get items in the clearance sections. Also I love Ebay I have two sellers I purchase from regularly, they have awesome prices! One is at times 3 dollars a yard, for Red Rooster fabrics!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM

fabric shack
quilt in a day -- tons of $4 bargains
Goodwill
Old 02-04-2011, 12:47 PM

I used to shop at Joann's and Walmart for fabric. Now I shop exclusively at the $1.99 a yard fabric store. I love it there.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:19 PM

I buy from alot of different places. LQS's, Equilter, Hancock of Pudacah, but also take a trip to Fabric Depot in Portland, OR twice a year when they have their 35% to 40% off sales. A group of us also like to go on the local shop hops. I have seen one in February that is local, Portland to Eugene, OR. One @ the coast this month from Astoria to Coos Bay. Also one in April and July or August. Plenty of places to purchase more fabrics, kits etc. The most fun is the Sewing Expo in Puyallap, WA come the first part of March :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: