Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wondering where you get your fabric...

For me it is online stores, ebay and swaps. Mostly I buy from Thousands of bolts and Piecework although I will buy from anywhere there is a sale! I am quite new here and am looking forward to purchasing some here as well.

Blog Entries
    The last few years I have bought Connecting Threads fabric the most. I buy David's Textiles at Walmart and I have a lot of yardage from Marshall's Dry Goods. I buy pre cuts, kits and fat quarters when I go to Hancock's of Paducah and to Eleanor Burns tent sale in April for the big quilt show.

Welcome from Tennessee, I have bought a lot of fabric from the board, also I like Connecting Threads and Marshall Dry Goods for online purchases.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I get most of mine at Walmart. I also have an angel who sent me many yards of LQS fabric and I have lots of scraps from other wonderful quilters on this board. I also buy here when I have the money. Forgot to say I shop the thrift shops for fabric too.

Lately I've shopped Fabric.com but I love my LQS too. HobbyLobby, JoAnns and WalMart have taken money from me as well.

Welcome for England. I buy my fabric from where ever I can find it. Today, a local store had a sale of 100% bedding so I bought a lovely textured quilt cover to use as fabric for a quilt as well as its backing.

Joann's, Walmart, Salvation Army, used clothing....I cannot afford really expensive cloth.

I have a huge stash, thank God. Usually I buy from the local quilt shops, mostly when it's on sale but sometimes regular price if the girl's gotta have it.

I buy quite often from www.thousandsofbolts.com when I need long yardage for backing and borders.

I like fabric.com and quilt in a day for the sales :)

Welcome! I buy fabric anywhere i can :!: :!:

Joann's mostly. Though I'm trying to support local shops once a month. If anyone visits or lives in Lincoln RI and you haven't discover "Ryco Fabric Mill" check it out...Old mill bldg converted and it's huge with tons of fabric, trims etc...anything you may need...

We have a couple of quilt shops locally, and I try to buy from them whenever I can. I've also bought from fabric.com and Stitch-N-Frame online and been happy with both.

Hello and welcome from North Carolina! I buy my fabric either from my LQS, Hancock Fabrics either in the store on online. I have also purchased fabric from Connecting Threads and have been really pleased. I am very new to quilting so I am just starting my stash.

Any place I can find it, lol!

Buy most of mine from Country Lane Quilts & Gifts they have a 50% off fabrics this week! Great selection too.

Blog Entries
    I like Thousands of Bolts, Connecting Threads, Walmart, plus I keep my eye open at garage sales, Goodwill, etc & my next thing is to tell family members not to throw stuff out til i see if it's usable for quilting.

mim
    I went to a really nice LQS in Tunbridge Wells one year when I was backpacking in the UK. I had to toss some clothes but I couldn't do without it

Mim

Quote Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Welcome for England. I buy my fabric from where ever I can find it. Today, a local store had a sale of 100% bedding so I bought a lovely textured quilt cover to use as fabric for a quilt as well as its backing.

I mostly buy from my two local quilts shops and JoAnns. I also buy from the classifieds here on the board and some pre-cuts on-line (www.charmpacks.com - where my two college age sons were quite happy to buy Mom just what she wanted for Christmas - thanks Janelle) and ebay.

Me too! I'm fortunate to be in a geographical area (the Northeast) that I could plan a day trip and set foot in 10 or so quilting stores.
    I also buy online. No one particular shop, have used many and more! If I know what I'm looking for, I comparison shop at http://www.quiltshops.com

And I buy from the quilters on this board.

In Canada we don't have as many fabric stores as we used to have. Most Wal-marts no longer have fabric and there are now fewer Fabriclands (similar to Joannes)which were once in every larger town. I do buy at Len's Mills (7 stores in Southern Ontario) which has all kinds of fabric, batting, patterns etc. our LQS which is great, and from small Mennonite shops in homes about an hours drive from here. I never buy on line and haven't had any opportunity to buy fabric in the States for many years. I am fortunate enough to not "need" a lot of fabric as I have quite an extensive stash (my husband and son refer to it as my hoard).

has to be on sale

50% off! I need to go check that out!

I buy alot from LQS - I can see the fabric and feel it - it is more expensive but I like to do that - I buy precuts online when I find a good deal.

I buy anywhere I can. I support my two LQS, and recently purchased some 30's repo prints from Connecting Threads which was beautiful, a kit from Fat Quarter Shop which is very good quality, and I've bought some from places like Seams Like Home in Texas and River City Quilts--forget where they are but their fabric was very nice. Bottom line, I get it locally, online, and definitely when I travel I love going to quilt shops.

Blog Entries
    HOP (Handcocks of Paducah) or I dye PFD or paint my fabric, and my friend in TN has a small quilt shop and I try to buy from her, to keep her going LOL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast