Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
I got it! I knew it was mine when you told me how many miles away it was from you...I miss NYC and NJ and that was clue enough! I love it, love it, love it! Thanks soooooo much!

OMG FUZZY SOCKS THOSE WERE SUPPOSED TO COME TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I love fuzzy socks. Went to Alaska in the middle of February, brought 6 pairs of fuzzy socks with me.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Quite frankly, I'm clueless. Package will mail out today to the land of oil wells.
OIL WELLS???? Might that be TEXAS?????? MEMEMEMEMEMEM?????
Old 08-15-2012, 04:38 PM

Laquita

I can relate. I have been in your shoes. Ask the nurse that checks you in to call you husband. Generally they will annotate that in your chart and sometimes the doctor will make thllc all instead. All of your buddies on the quilt board will be with you so you will not be alone. Us Texans always stick together...you may be close enough that I can come and sit with you...I have been through a very similar surgery as well and this time next year you will be a new woman!

Last edited by Tam...Moo; 08-15-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
No package.... not yet
ROFLOL this is TOOOOOO funny! Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 PM

Here is my great pkg from Knitette (Eileen)who lives in Scotland! She sent a great letter full of info about her town and herself. Some brochures and a postcard about Aberdeen. A great little Scottish cookbook, can't wait to try it!Some scrapbook embellishments, pretty purple flower fabric, Royal Plaid kleenex, tartan ribbon, a coaster and last but not least some mini "Lucky Tatties" candy (Scottish slang for potatoes.)Remember I said great things come in small pkgs. So great that she got my name as my DH and I have always wanted to visit Scotland always been a dream of mine! Thank you again Eileen I loved it all!
Attached Thumbnails aug-15-024.jpg  

Last edited by Crafty Darlene; 08-15-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
Two squishy went out in the mail today................both are expected to arrive at their destinations on Friday...............

So you want a clue...................If you have not received your secret pal package you may be one of my secret pals...
hmmmm wonder if it is me???????
Old 08-15-2012, 06:24 PM

I did get a little hint of from my SP....she PM lori and asked if I needed a bigger picture and larger writing due to my blindness... I felt so touched at that thought. Thanks for asking SP...oh so all of you know.. I start training with Meadow my new guide dog on October 1st!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM

segasal, that was a thoughtful offer your SP had. My friend trained golden guide dogs. Wonderful loving animals. And to the post "too much lobster and seafood".. argh, let me help you out with that! Last time I had too much lobster was...never. Ok cant eat two lbs of it at one sitting but could come up with fifty ways to eat it this week. You bring the sea food and I will make the steak for you.. anyone else want to come? who bakes? we need dessert with this absolutely.. oh and a salad, who is bringing that? btw didnt know you could get gout from lobster.. is it from the lobster? yikes. Inlaws from Wells ME. Lovely lovely state you have there.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Ok Krystyna, you sure move around the country a lot! you surely must be tired.. from staking out everyones mailboxs ..those who are missing their packages check her skirts, I think she is tucking them under that long dress she always seems to be wearing.. and speaking of KRYSTYNA.. I received a package in the mail yesterday. To me, apparently from me too.. I looked at it in shock. A) what the heck! a package FOR ME?? and B) from me in mystery handwriting. There inside much to my pleasure is a beautiful quilt calendar with terrific huge pull out pages of instructions on how to make each of the quilts. It was like a great magazine! then a cookbook of holiday recipes which I am refraining from reading til dialysis Thursday. Its in the bag and will be read top to bottom and back again. Bet you it gets passed around too so thank you Me There was a nice note saying this was to stave me off until my package arrived and it was signed.. K. Darned it .. who here has a name that starts with K??? hum.. any ideas? I was pleased with what I received. That said.. hey I just saw another package that was misdirected .. give that back. Dove bars? did I see fabric and dove bars?? surely you opened the wrong one!

When I first read your post about Krystyna moving about the country, I was GOING to say, "Brooms fly faster than the speed of light allowing her to swoop down and empty mailboxes on the fly." BUT, then I read the rest of your post and I couldn't bring myself to say that because she was likely the sweetie that sent you the package. I cannot imagine dialysis and hope the magazine helps pass the time. And K - forgive what I was thinking of saying. lol.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:40 PM

Great picture of the driveway, I know how you feel! No package for me today either. I hope it gets here before I leave for vacation on Sunday.

Lovely packages coming in though, I love this swap.

Whew we hit some heat today in the Pacific northwest. Thank god we never have it for long. I'd never be able to leave the house.

Good luck Lori! I don't do a lot of salt either. You don't miss it after awhile, if you use other seasonings. I love garlic, so that replaces my salt intake. Now when I taste something with salt in it, I'm really aware of how much people do salt their food.