Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 PM

Laquita - I'm sure being all alone during surgery and recover is scary. Just remember I'm positive that all of us will be praying for you and thinking about you all day. Sending good vibes your way.

DH and I are taking a 4 day weekend beginning tomorrow, since it's his birthday tomorrow. It's 9 PM and I haven't even started to pack - and I'm pretty slow at it. Change my mind ALOT. Anyway, going to Roseville, Rocklin, Grass Valley, Auburn, Folsom, Sonora, Murphys, Jamestown - hiking, gambling, antiquing and whoa, my vehicle brakes for quilt shops and thrift stores!!! Should be fun, and a welcome respite from the drama at work lately. Still, Laquita, I will be thinking of you as we cruise in our car.

Am taking my computer, but not sure if I'll have time to get on here much. Hope my TX SP likes the package. It should be there tomorrow. If you are one of those lying on the driveway, you can get up soon.

Cheers all. And K - leave TX alone tomorrow. Go to Alaska instead.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 PM

Oh Ana, you lucky girl you! How cool! Love the fee ties of the kittens!
Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
yippee yipee yippeeee.. I got a box today from twinkie.. hey that kinda rhymes. Anyways.. Packed full of goodies and covered in one of my many collecting things.. STAMPS!. Only pretty or unique ones tho k thanks hehe. Ok let's list this all..

I got a purple pincushion, a black little ring pincushion with a red rose on it, little pink rose buttons, some gold buttons, some purple heart buttons, some purple embroidery floss, some purple fat quarters, a purple brush/mirror compact, a seven sisters pattern with template, some musical instrument fabric, a musical instrument potholder, a crocheted wash cloth, a mini picture frame, a glue stick, a little 4 patch key chain, a nail care set, a seam ripper, a magazine, and REEESSESSSSSSS. Kitties thought the pincushion and glue-stick was for them but I told them the crumpled paper and plastic bag where, since they love playing with that stuff normally.. so they pouted just out of frame of the pic.. can you see their little feeties? Nosey buggers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355781[/ATTACH]
Old 08-15-2012, 08:21 PM

Hi segasal, remember I told you my DH is blind? Well, have learned a lot from him, since his vision became gradually worse these last 10 yrs. he Dosent drive, but still works part time, at an assembly for drug testing strips! He was on Minneapolis BLind bowling league for 1 1/2 yrs. Met lots of great people there who we still keep in touch. Learned a lot about guide dogs. He has perferial vision, Dosent use a cane or guide dog, but jokes always and says I am his Guide dog! Good luck with your newguide dog!

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
I did get a little hint of from my SP....she PM lori and asked if I needed a bigger picture and larger writing due to my blindness... I felt so touched at that thought. Thanks for asking SP...oh so all of you know.. I start training with Meadow my new guide dog on October 1st!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 PM

I am really enjoying all the chatter about packages arriving as i sit here and nibble on my Swizzlers, and read the instructions on my new patter for a quilt! I have decided to try the "Having a Bad Hare Day" quilt. Thanks again Verna, I just love my package!

We went shopping "down the hill" today and my husband asked me if I enjoyed shopping for my secret pal more than shopping for Groceries, "Well Duh" hehe....

Watch out ladies he is seriously thinking about getting a secret pal next month! I taught him how to quilt, now he has a sewing machine in his office, my Surger in the living room and he took my favorite cutting board and templates! so take advice ladies don't teach him, he might just spend more money at the LQS then you, and he does not like to share!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
segasal, that was a thoughtful offer your SP had. My friend trained golden guide dogs. Wonderful loving animals. And to the post "too much lobster and seafood".. argh, let me help you out with that! Last time I had too much lobster was...never. Ok cant eat two lbs of it at one sitting but could come up with fifty ways to eat it this week. You bring the sea food and I will make the steak for you.. anyone else want to come? who bakes? we need dessert with this absolutely.. oh and a salad, who is bringing that? btw didnt know you could get gout from lobster.. is it from the lobster? yikes. Inlaws from Wells ME. Lovely lovely state you have there.
Wells maine is way south of me. It would take me about 4 1/2 hrs to get there. Shellfish, fish, beef, baked beans, cauliflower, oats, etc. are just a few items that can cause gout. Any high purine foods can contribute to it. It is usually men who get it. Only about 1 in 10 women get it. It is awful! I have had to go to the ER in a wheelchair and use my FIL's walker if it gets too bad. I have meds for it, but aren't good on kidneys. I was in pain for about 10 years before my doctor found out what it was. It was actually an ER doctor who knew why I couldn't walk. I am limiting how much protein I am eating for awhile!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
We went shopping "down the hill" today and my husband asked me if I enjoyed shopping for my secret pal more than shopping for Groceries, "Well Duh" hehe....

Watch out ladies he is seriously thinking about getting a secret pal next month! I taught him how to quilt, now he has a sewing machine in his office, my Surger in the living room and he took my favorite cutting board and templates! so take advice ladies don't teach him, he might just spend more money at the LQS then you, and he does not like to share!
Awesome, I'll take him! That's why i joined this board. My mom was getting packages and I was like.. awww I want prezzies. oh and to learn how to quilt.. yea.. that...but mostly prezzies.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:40 PM

I sent my SP pakg today. She should get it with in a week. Has to go across lots of waters.

Last edited by Nelco; 08-15-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:10 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
I got it! I knew it was mine when you told me how many miles away it was from you...I miss NYC and NJ and that was clue enough! I love it, love it, love it! Thanks soooooo much!

Pkg was STUFFED full of wonderful things...a NY keychain, a new quilt magazine,patterns, a shop hop "Row by Row", a book about Mr. Peach..he loves it!.., cocctail napkin holder, a tissue case, great fabric (1/2 yd cuts), clothes pins, post-it notes, a notebook with a shore picture, a precious little quilt with a cat, sox and a NY postcard..Oh my goodness. I am thrilled to death!!! Sharon (luvstoquilt)

Sharon - I am so happy you liked what I sent. It was so much fun putting the package together for you. I think it is just as much fun as it is waiting to receive one. This was my first secret swap and I am already looking forward to next months! Remember to fill up Mr. Peach's album and show us what you've done! Now I will sit and continue to wait for my package to arrive. Good thing I work full time cuz I would be laying in front of my mailbox like that picture recently posted....lol... However, I am guilty of calling my son at home and asking "Did I get a package in the mail?? No are you sure???" My DH thinks I am crazy but that's ok I kinda like it like that...hahaha Oh and I am clueless as too who my SP is...hmmmmm who could it be?? where can it be coming from??? tick tock tick tock tick tock
Old 08-16-2012, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Here is my great pkg from Knitette (Eileen)who lives in Scotland! She sent a great letter full of info about her town and herself. Some brochures and a postcard about Aberdeen. A great little Scottish cookbook, can't wait to try it!Some scrapbook embellishments, pretty purple flower fabric, Royal Plaid kleenex, tartan ribbon, a coaster and last but not least some mini "Lucky Tatties" candy (Scottish slang for potatoes.)Remember I said great things come in small pkgs. So great that she got my name as my DH and I have always wanted to visit Scotland always been a dream of mine! Thank you again Eileen I loved it all!
I'm so glad you liked the package. I was in town today and spotted some great tartan gloves which are just waiting on next month's sp - if she lives somewhere that has a winter, lol.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 AM

Whoopie! Just got a PM...my SP got her package..it took 2 weeks to get to Canada. I was so afraid it was lost!