Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-18-2012, 03:39 AM

Yippee! Fantastic parcel arrived today from 'sewdamncute'. I got a couple of yards of Kaffe Fassett's Kite Tails, a Fiskars blade (the Olfa one makes mine run like a car with a flat tyre), some Harbor Frieght ones which I read good reviews on, socks and a toy for Fergus, which he clearly loves!
Thanks so much- I love everything!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356265[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356264[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0194.jpg   img_0192.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012, 06:07 AM
Banned

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Fergus reminds me so much of my little PJ especially the ears!
I sure do miss my little girl.

Love the fabric also the socks are adorable too.

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Yippee! Fantastic parcel arrived today from 'sewdamncute'. I got a couple of yards of Kaffe Fassett's Kite Tails, a Fiskars blade (the Olfa one makes mine run like a car with a flat tyre), some Harbor Frieght ones which I read good reviews on, socks and a toy for Fergus, which he clearly loves!
Thanks so much- I love everything!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356265[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]356264[/ATTACH]
Old 08-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Banned

Has anyone ever tried using buckwheat hulls for pincushions?

I have a 5 lb. bag that I bought earlier this year when I got my
pillow but I have not tried them yet.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 AM

such great packages coming in...still waiting on my second one....hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:11 AM

Good Morning everyone ! Just received a great package from LouiseB50. She really did a super job matching the gifts to me. Not a thing there I don't like. Again. thanks to Louise. Sara
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Has anyone ever tried using buckwheat hulls for pincushions?

I have a 5 lb. bag that I bought earlier this year when I got my
pillow but I have not tried them yet.
Have not but have heard they might stain the fabric so contain them in something
Old 08-18-2012, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
I received an awesome package from Sibi, Syvia. I am hoping I can get my camera to have a chat with my laptop and maybe they will decide to allow me to post a picture. It came in what I first thought might be a shoe box, but when I opened it up it was a box for storage, pictures, or what ever, but I think fat quarters will fit in it nicely. Found yarn, crochet patterns, erasers, journal, Fat qtrs, a too cute large piece of kids print with airplanes on it, purple fabric. She contributed to my "vintage look" hankerchiefs, I have been trying to get enough to make a quilt and they are hard to find. Buttons, for the other quilt I want to make, and I have been saving them up AND my "wish" item, my "mini iron cooling tote bag for my Clover mini iron! Yay me!!! The box just seemed endless. Thank you, thank you. I had a rough week at work this week and this just made it worth the wait.
Cathy,

I'm so glad you liked your package.....the fact that you like it makes me happy too!

Sibi

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
My pal hasn't posted on here once that I'm aware of. I really hope she does when she gets her package, which I hope will be early to mid next week. It's already been ... ok well it's technically been 5 days because I brought it in late saturday last week. Since it's international, can't track it so I have no idea where it is. I hope she likes ittttt...

Oh goodie I got a message from her today saying she got it a few days ago.. wow that was fast, to the netherlands. I had Wenot for my pal. Not sure if she'll post but here I'll list what I tossed in there

3 half yards of fabric, one orange, one light pink, and one with gold cross stuff that's out of print
2 patterns for kids clothes, one for boys, one for girls
A bottle of elmers washable school glue, a regular red clear 12" ruler, a little package of heart pins, 3 binder clips, a little notepad, small red handled scissors.. oh poop I can't remember if there was anything else in there, and i put that all in a red plastic bin, and the red stiletto I made her and already showed you guys.
I dunno it was crammed pretty well hehe. i can't remember everything I shoved in. oh yea and a small dry erase board that says Peace, and a little red gel pen.. (can you guess she said she liked red?) trying to think if there was anything else. it's too early for me...

Catpawski, thank you for the wonderful envelope. It included The Border Workbook which I cannot wait to try. Also Joann patterns, a cute note, and a sewing machine eraser. I can use the bees wax lip balm and the Paula Deen bottle opener (round rubber). There were row marking pins, apple pie note cards, a lovely Sunflower fob for scissors and 2 yards of coordinated autumn fabric.
Attached Thumbnails 8-1712_0001.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
Oh goodie I got a message from her today saying she got it a few days ago.. wow that was fast, to the netherlands. I had Wenot for my pal. Not sure if she'll post but...
~ wenot use to post to the thread and post pics but i haven't had her for a partner in some time. sounds like a nice package.

~ i still haven't received my package but there is always monday. hopefully i can rest a bit on monday after all this moving. geez how can 1 person have so much stuff? i still don't know what is in all of those boxes and i packed them up.

~ really great packages all. just awesome, so i am most excited to receive mine as i can only expect mine to be as awesome.

Last edited by Havplenty; 08-18-2012 at 09:49 AM.