Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 AM

I'm in again, just can't keep away from this! Whew! Two weeks of company, with more arriving this Sunday for a week...Then it seems we'll have a break for awhile .... don't misunderstand please, I love company but it is so very nice when we can get back to the routine of our day-to-day once house guests leave.

Thanks again Lori for all you do making this swap so much fun.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Sent my PM to Lori, but have question - how do I go back and see what exactly I typed? I don't know if I answered Lori's questions about the allergens fully enough - I have my written copy - back last month or so, I printed off the form and wrote my answers that I copy into the computer when I fill out, but I generally add something that isn't on the written sheet. In short, how can I see my sent mail? And everyone, no matter what you send me, I'm gonna love it becaue that box was fixed with me in mind!!! I'd love home baked stuff, stuff from Scotland, I'm real flexible.........there isn't a box I've seen here that I wouldn't love to receive.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:41 PM

Go to the top of this page where is says settings, meaning your settings, on that page on the left you'll see messages and sent items. The info you sent should be in the sent items box.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Go to the top of this page where is says settings, meaning your settings, on that page on the left you'll see messages and sent items. The info you sent should be in the sent items box.
Thanks Jaba, I had tried that, but guess I wasn't reading or seeing or looking - I didn't even see the e-mail I had sent. I just checked it out and guess it's okay. I wanted to make sure I had put stuff about allergies and such to make it easier on Lori - as if pairing this eclectic group of ladies can be easy, right?
Old 07-26-2012, 05:22 AM

I am in for 2 for August. Sending ifo.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 AM

I'm in for this month, sent info to Lori yesterday. I've been knid of MIA for the past few weeks, trying to catch up with everybody. A lot going on, going to have to start catching up.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:21 AM

To all the new people, be sure to follow along when you can and read the fun posts as hints are given as to where the packages are going and see the pictures of what is received. It is not a requirement that you post a picture or that you post on the thread, but you will miss out on some fun if you don't follow along as time permits! Just remember to send the 3 required private messages and you will be fine, just have FUN! We are up to 75 signed up now. Lori you swap hostess
Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 AM

I'm going to play around a bit more dying some fabric. Hmm...if my SP likes that kinda thing, she or he just may get some of it. HAHA!! Beware...this is NEWBIE stuff.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
I'm going to play around a bit more dying some fabric. Hmm...if my SP likes that kinda thing, she or he just may get some of it. HAHA!! Beware...this is NEWBIE stuff.
Well, I for one, wouldn't mind getting some special dyed fabric. I'd wash it in Retayne first and then use it in the first project I could - and show it proudly that my SP had made it for me. Guess that's another item I'll have to put in my next questionaire that I wouldn't mind receiving homemade/hand dyed things.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
To all the new people, be sure to follow along when you can and read the fun posts as hints are given as to where the packages are going and see the pictures of what is received. It is not a requirement that you post a picture or that you post on the thread, but you will miss out on some fun if you don't follow along as time permits! Just remember to send the 3 required private messages and you will be fine, just have FUN! We are up to 75 signed up now. Lori you swap hostess
Yes! Do be sure to follow along new people!
We love hints and pix if you can. Makes it so much fun.

I am getting ready.
Decisions decisions!

Shall I use a squishy?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]351810[/ATTACH]
You really can pack an awful lot into them if you are careful for "only" $4.95!
I once was able to squeeze a tremendous amount of fabric into one by using my Food Saver! It was like a fabric brick.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351811[/ATTACH]
No, silly! I didn't send my pal a fish.

Or should I use a medium flat rate box?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351812[/ATTACH]

More costly to ship, but I can can more into it.
Especially if I have to use bubble wrap for some of it ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351813[/ATTACH]

Always fun to pop. If you're not saving it.

Oooooh! I wonder if my pal will
(a) Love bubble wrap
(b) Like homemade creations
? ? ? ?
Maybe I'll make her a new bubble wrap pin cushion!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351814[/ATTACH]

Or perhaps she would like a stylish new hat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]351815[/ATTACH]

If only I had some lavender bubble wrap.

And don't get me started on how much tape to use!
Now that the post office doesn't give away that colorful priority tape I have to buy rolls of clear tape from Staples.
I wonder how many inches I will have to use.
No worries. I'll measure and will let you know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351816[/ATTACH]
Using clear tape is OK because the priority tape is no good for putting on labels. Tends to block the address right out.

Sometimes the heat gets to you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]351817[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails usps_flat_rate_padded.jpg   foodsaver-v2840-1.jpg   usps-flat-rate-box.jpg   bubble-wrap.jpg   bwelephant.jpg  

bubblewrap.jpg   packing-tape.jpg   exhausted-tired-weary-exhausted-smiley-emoticon-000757-huge.png