Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 PM

I forget the name. I will ask her. I can look and see if I can find the info online here too.

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Juli, where did she find the information, What is the name of the organization?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:41 PM

I found a link: http://www.marymadelineproject.org/wowt_recycling.htm

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Juli, where did she find the information, What is the name of the organization?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:56 PM

I received an awesome package from Sibi, Syvia. I am hoping I can get my camera to have a chat with my laptop and maybe they will decide to allow me to post a picture. It came in what I first thought might be a shoe box, but when I opened it up it was a box for storage, pictures, or what ever, but I think fat quarters will fit in it nicely. Found yarn, crochet patterns, erasers, journal, Fat qtrs, a too cute large piece of kids print with airplanes on it, purple fabric. She contributed to my "vintage look" hankerchiefs, I have been trying to get enough to make a quilt and they are hard to find. Buttons, for the other quilt I want to make, and I have been saving them up AND my "wish" item, my "mini iron cooling tote bag for my Clover mini iron! Yay me!!! The box just seemed endless. Thank you, thank you. I had a rough week at work this week and this just made it worth the wait.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:22 PM

Leiladylei54 well it will be hard but I love that pumpking pin cushion. So very cute!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene View Post
Leiladylei54 well it will be hard but I love that pumpking pin cushion. So very cute!
Oh yes, that pumpkin pin cushion is really sooooo cute. Love it....sorry it's mine and will not send it to you. LOL
Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 PM

Thanks to Charles aka swampfox. We are mutual secret pals this month. He sent me 2 autumn fabrics, 8 fat eights, elastic and snippers. Also some shout wipes I had not seen before, a mini photo album, a 30 package of yo yos and a big box of Dots, which I loved. I hope he likes mine like I like his.
Attached Thumbnails 8-1312_0029.jpg  
Old 08-17-2012, 07:49 PM

Juli, Thanks so much for the information. What a wonderful blessing, for the family of one of the tiniest Angels. I would love to share the information. My Daughter was a brides maid 11 times! That is a lot of dresses never to be worn again!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 PM

Wonderful packages coming. I'm still waiting but don't get antsy till at least a week after the mail date- to busy this month heading over to the bench for the feast.

Hav-was it a govt. job or a non profit. well if a govt. job the time line might go like this, you have to interview x number of appl., then once you decide on who, submit the decision to HR to be sure all requirements are met and there isn't any civil service problem, and maybe fill out a form explaining why this candidate is the one selected. Not sure if non-profits have similar checks and balances though.

For the question about organizations making items for babies who have passed, we have a group near here called Newborns in Need.

I tried to make a pincushion for my sp-no pattern but it got a bit big, maybe she thought it was a pillow for her kitty.

Remember ...when you get your package after the deadline you don't have so long a wait for the next sign up. And often they come on the very day you need a boost.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 PM

My pal hasn't posted on here once that I'm aware of. I really hope she does when she gets her package, which I hope will be early to mid next week. It's already been ... ok well it's technically been 5 days because I brought it in late saturday last week. Since it's international, can't track it so I have no idea where it is. I hope she likes ittttt...
Old 08-18-2012, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
not sure if anyone has seen this cute wall hanging before but i just found it. what a fun creation.

That's so funny - who made it?