Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-15-2012, 02:14 PM

I don't have high blood pressure but did have to cut salt a very hard thing for me to do. Made up for it with garlic, onions and spicy spices. One year later I dont even notice it. I am glad you will be doing ok. Stick with it, dietary changes are so minor in the big picture. Living, this living is a good thing.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:15 PM

OOPS! I left out the nail clippers and emery board (in the pink pkg). BeeBoop71, you rock!

Krystyna I forgot to tell you the Joann's in Naperville didn't have your fabric. I really did try!!!

Great news Lori..no salt is really not that bad. I use Mrs. Dash and lots of herbs...never even put salt on the table anymore. I am glad your problems were less than you feared! Take good care.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:18 PM

Two squishy went out in the mail today................both are expected to arrive at their destinations on Friday...............

So you want a clue...................If you have not received your secret pal package you may be one of my secret pals...
Old 08-15-2012, 02:20 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355768[/ATTACH]And also the place where I am pouting for lack of NOthing in the mailbox
Attached Thumbnails 422178_10151030482548380_1107534010_n.jpg  
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM

I am way east of pretty much everywhere depending what orientation your facing when you decide east or west and don't use the sun as your guideline. Just ask me, I am a left or right turn person and the death glare which I reserve for special occassions comes out if you try that east west stuff. I do know I am east of most of you so tada! those are my packages and not Krystyna who is not too far east of anyone so do your math kiddos.. your simply not adding up those numbers correctly prior to putting your little clues out.

and my post office was named after Avery. You know, that guy who did that thingy .. so in theory it could be my city as I have an idea no one knows what Avery's last name was except the cluegiver which is why it was such a sneaky clue. CAUGHT YOU! ITS ME ITS ME! oh got one yesterday, guiltly hanging head.. probably not me.. again...going to the post office for the heck of it. And there had better NOT be any baby clothes unless Jaba you need more. Congrats by the way! everyone lets make her a baby quilt.. blue is it?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by susansomethings View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355612[/ATTACH]Yes I think it will be this cold before my package gets here!
Ahhh hellooo people ....did you get my drift
Old 08-15-2012, 03:24 PM

My husband works out of state 48 of the 52 weeks a year. We normally try and plan things like this. (surgery) But this all happened so fast, that he'd already had his schedule / flights/ ...... booked 3 weeks out.
I told him to go on and go b/c I had a girlfriend that was taking the day off to come be with me.

Well.......I just found out that she will be leaving shortly before noon to go take her son to Sophmore orientation. They won't even take me back until 10:30 ish.... So I won't even be out of surgery before she leaves!!! this was one of the main reasons for her being there, so someone would be with me during surgery and then they could call my hubby with the report afterwards.

I am so bummed. Our oldest daughter lives an hour away and has our 16 mo GS, so a hosptial for hours is no place for her/him to be. Our youngest daughter is 23 & still lives at home b/c she has multiple health probelms. She isn't even staying at home alone while I am in the hosptial and until hubby get home Friday afternoon, she is going over to a friends house.

I am bummed and having a pitty party,,,,, anyone want to join me? Thanks, for "listening"
Old 08-15-2012, 03:31 PM

I sent out my sp pkg today. Thank goodness for deadlines, as I am a procrastinator and always wait til the last minute to do things. I was in such a hurry I forgot to put in a note, but sp my screen name is on the shipping label beside my real name. The zip adds up to 15, she likes to make small items and likes scraps. I got behind reading the posts and had to skim through to get caught up. I did see that someone got beautiful Japanese fabrics. I have a Japanese aunt. I also saw that Krystyna got a fun and done pattern that she can send to me. I haven't received my sp pkg yet, the deadline is today so perhaps we all will get our pkgs by the first part of next week. I have been hurting soooo bad, since lobsters are so very cheap, we have been keeping 10 lobster traps for personal use, so I have been eating a lot of lobsters lately, only to get a bad case of gout in my feet. DD and DH decide to go fish for mackeral today. They caught a 5 gallon bucket without even trying. The seafood is killing me! We gave away a bunch of them. If after another week, anyone is on the bench waiting I am going to bring lobster and mackeral.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:33 PM

TOOMANYUFO's I wish I was your neighbor! I'd be more than happy to help you out with the lobsters!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:37 PM

yippee yipee yippeeee.. I got a box today from twinkie.. hey that kinda rhymes. Anyways.. Packed full of goodies and covered in one of my many collecting things.. STAMPS!. Only pretty or unique ones tho k thanks hehe. Ok let's list this all..

I got a purple pincushion, a black little ring pincushion with a red rose on it, little pink rose buttons, some gold buttons, some purple heart buttons, some purple embroidery floss, some purple fat quarters, a purple brush/mirror compact, a seven sisters pattern with template, some musical instrument fabric, a musical instrument potholder, a crocheted wash cloth, a mini picture frame, a glue stick, a little 4 patch key chain, a nail care set, a seam ripper, a magazine, and REEESSESSSSSSS. Kitties thought the pincushion and glue-stick was for them but I told them the crumpled paper and plastic bag where, since they love playing with that stuff normally.. so they pouted just out of frame of the pic.. can you see their little feeties? Nosey buggers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355781[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20120815_181723.jpg