Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your sewing machine's name >

Your sewing machine's name

Your sewing machine's name

Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 AM

I call my machine, the machine, my dog, the dog and my cat, the cat. As you can see I'm not very imaginitive. :-) :-) :-) I love your names for your equipment.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:24 AM

hi again! Bev, I'm so happy to hear you talk to your machine too. I talk to mine here is a sample, "Guess what we're playing with today, Jean Luke". Luckly JL isn't a bald headed sewing machine like his namesake (Star Trek). And, "why didn't you tell me you ran out of bobbin thread, you twit." Course I might use some other word in place of twit.

Now how many have a TV in their sewing room? I have one with a DVD/VCR and I play movies as I cut and sew. Also a radio when I want tunes. Love the Jane Austen movies, just look at all the material they had to come up with back in those period days and no Joann's to go shopping at or Walmart.

Well, guess I'll go talk to Jean Luke until hubby gets back. Least ways, Jean Luke listens to me...LOL
Old 03-26-2009, 07:04 PM

It would actually be pretty rude for me to tell you what I call my sewing machine, since I only call it that when I'm really mad at it. Suffice it to say it's nothing I would ever say in polite company.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:28 PM

Harmony, I love that quilt you have there. How big are the blocks. I'm cutting out blocks for a 9 patch and this quilt will be done in fabrics that have black & white designs in them. Have the fun was shopping over several months to get the B&W. Once I think I'll have enough different fabrics, then I'll start to sew. Jean Luke is looking forward to the project, I can tell by the way his little light blub lights up. LOL
Old 03-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Power Poster

My JanomeQC6260 is Squirrelly...named after me. been Squirrelly for 33 years. :wink:

My Janome6600 is Rosie. named after my avatar, Miss Rosie. I haven't always had names for them, but since there are two, didn't want to call them by # all the time, like prisoners, lol. :D
Old 03-27-2009, 02:25 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
My JanomeQC6260 is Squirrelly...named after me. been Squirrelly for 33 years. :wink:

My Janome6600 is Rosie. named after my avatar, Miss Rosie. I haven't always had names for them, but since there are two, didn't want to call them by # all the time, like prisoners, lol. :D
C - TWO janomes? I'm definitely coming to stay at your house!!!!!!!!!

K x

PS The names I call my old Toyota are, like Harmony says, too rude to put here but when I get my lovely new ONE Janome (for my birthday in June but might convince DH that I can have it earlier! :wink: ) I'll give it a nice name because it will be WONDERFUL!!! :D
Old 03-27-2009, 03:01 AM

Harmony I call my machine the same thing you do LOL
Old 03-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

C - TWO janomes? I'm definitely coming to stay at your house!!!!!!!!!

K x

PS The names I call my old Toyota are, like Harmony says, too rude to put here but when I get my lovely new ONE Janome (for my birthday in June but might convince DH that I can have it earlier! :wink: ) I'll give it a nice name because it will be WONDERFUL!!! :D
Yes, TWO janomes. What can I say? i'm spoilt! smell me? lol. :wink:
I had to get the other one, for when you come, so we could sew and yak and blather with the radio, or when taking a break, we can play with karaoke machine, like me and my little sweetie pie do. :D
(Last time my machine had to go for it's 'checkup', I had to use old Kenmore, and was not happy with stitches etc. Took a month, and I had machine withdrawal...I know, poooor me...should I be shamed now? too bad, I ain't...if your hubby agreed to two, would you say, um - no????)

Now, K, we might have a tussle over the red chair. I could never have bought one like this. I don't even know what one would cost. Brother got two free. Gave my mom one, and me, the other. Swivels, height adjust, nice and cushy for your tiny hiny-hiny...what i call babygirls boom boom, lol! It's contoured, and just swivel to area, you want to be in.
Oh yeah, I stink!!! :mrgreen:
Old 03-27-2009, 04:26 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I smell you from here, C!

And you're right, I wouldn't say no if hubby said get two... (and an old Kenmore, so you've got THREE!!!)

K x
Old 03-27-2009, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
I smell you from here, C!

And you're right, I wouldn't say no if hubby said get two... (and an old Kenmore, so you've got THREE!!!)

K x
well, promised myself, this my last reply to anything this morning, lol...so, you know your special. :wink:
No, I don't have 3 sew. machines...I have five. I would have seven, but gave my daughter one, took one back to the 'giver'...she basically had me storing it, and i ain't got no room, belonged to hubby's cousins, technically. They had a chance at it, and passed on it. Was offered to me, but now I don't have to worry, that it will be asked for later.
One is in a cabinet, that frankly, my daughter, not a sewer, but so proud of me, saw it in a pawn shop, and it was a steal at 50.00.
It's in pc room, with a tv on top, cause there is no where to use it, but I won't give a gift like that up. I promised her if I ever didn't want it, I would send it back to her. She has a machine she doesn't use, and having to live with MIL for now. geesh, guess I'm going to get the goody out of this, being last one...got a block to do, and a project to finish, gonna hop back and forth on them, today, cause I am salivating over block. anywho, I am rotten, quilty-wise, to the core, I am guilty, and admitting it.
Deal with hubby was want a new machine, get rid of old...he didn't say how many, lol! can't get rid of my little grandma's. One day will take in to repair shop for tune up, or whatever...when I work out with weights...that's one heavy machine!!! Can't recall name right now, but must be at least 50 years old or more. Well, getting my tiny hiny-hiny up from here. Now y'all have a great day, and ttfn :wink: