Some Very Clever Hints

Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 AM

Default Some Very Clever Hints

My son sent me this link with several useful ideas, so I thought I'd pass it along: http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=46993/

I'd like to add that the tall CD spindles can be used for cone thread, crochet thread or yarn. You can drill a hole in the cover. It helps keep the kitty out of it. >^.^
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 AM

Some good ideas here, thanks for posting. I knew about the soda can/straw but almost all the others were new to me.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

Some very clever ideas. I like the one about cutting the large hamburger before freezing it.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:15 PM

I think I would make a mess getting the pancake batter in the ketchup bottle?
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Bonnie View Post
I think I would make a mess getting the pancake batter in the ketchup bottle?
I don't think I will be using the ketchup bottle anytime soon. I prefer using my stainless steel kitchen scoop (the one with the spring in the handle). It is a 3 TBSP one and perfect size to scoop up the batter and the pancakes end up all the same size on the griddle. I use the 1 1/2 TBSP for scooping cookie dough. The cookies all bake round. I also use the 3 TBSP one for scooping cupcake batter and measuring meatballs. I also use it for scooping banana bread mix so I get the same size loaves. Same amount of scoops go into each pan. Endless uses for these scoops with perfect measurements every time.
Lot of neat ideas you have shared, thanks!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:03 AM

[QUOTE=Rose_P;5504181]My son sent me this link with several useful ideas, so I thought I'd pass it along: http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=46993/

I'd like to add that the tall CD spindles can be used for cone thread, crochet thread or yarn. You can drill a hole in the cover. It helps keep the kitty out of it. >^.^
Old 09-11-2012, 05:09 AM

I would like to know what high-falutin' circles people move in that they use separate, individual dishes for condiments at a BBQ. I have been on this earth 56 years and have never seen that. Just put the ketchup bottle, mustard bottle, relish bottle on the table, add spoon if needed, when done, put lids back on and put back in fridge. Now THAT saves dishwashing.

PS - I would even rather wash dishes than a muffin tin, those things are a pain to get clean.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:34 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
I would like to know what high-falutin' circles people move in that they use separate, individual dishes for condiments at a BBQ. I have been on this earth 56 years and have never seen that. Just put the ketchup bottle, mustard bottle, relish bottle on the table, add spoon if needed, when done, put lids back on and put back in fridge. Now THAT saves dishwashing.

PS - I would even rather wash dishes than a muffin tin, those things are a pain to get clean.

I agree with washing that tin- what a pain ... BUT i like that idea.. I have a huge Family and if 150+ family members have to wait on 5-6 bottles things would get real ugly real quick.. And honestly I would prefer NOT to have a doz+ of half empty condiment containers, specially if it was 12+ of EACH condiment.... lol..
Old 09-11-2012, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
I agree with washing that tin- what a pain ... BUT i like that idea.. I have a huge Family and if 150+ family members have to wait on 5-6 bottles things would get real ugly real quick.. And honestly I would prefer NOT to have a doz+ of half empty condiment containers, specially if it was 12+ of EACH condiment.... lol..
If you have 150+ people dipping from a condiment muffin pan, someone's gonna have to be standing over it, constantly filling it! Let's see . . . for that many people, how many muffin pans would be needed, without constant filling? Certainly more than one or two! Seems like passing the bottles would be easier!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:06 AM

Some of the tips are great (like the Doritos) but putting pancake batter into a ketchup bottle, just seems like it'd take more time/trouble than it's worth!