Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Some Very Clever Hints

Some Very Clever Hints

My son sent me this link with several useful ideas, so I thought I'd pass it along: http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=46993/

I'd like to add that the tall CD spindles can be used for cone thread, crochet thread or yarn. You can drill a hole in the cover. It helps keep the kitty out of it. >^.^<
    “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ~Maya Angelou.
    One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Some good ideas here, thanks for posting. I knew about the soda can/straw but almost all the others were new to me.

Power Poster
    Some very clever ideas. I like the one about cutting the large hamburger before freezing it.

I think I would make a mess getting the pancake batter in the ketchup bottle?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Bonnie View Post
    I think I would make a mess getting the pancake batter in the ketchup bottle?
    I don't think I will be using the ketchup bottle anytime soon. I prefer using my stainless steel kitchen scoop (the one with the spring in the handle). It is a 3 TBSP one and perfect size to scoop up the batter and the pancakes end up all the same size on the griddle. I use the 1 1/2 TBSP for scooping cookie dough. The cookies all bake round. I also use the 3 TBSP one for scooping cupcake batter and measuring meatballs. I also use it for scooping banana bread mix so I get the same size loaves. Same amount of scoops go into each pan. Endless uses for these scoops with perfect measurements every time.
    Lot of neat ideas you have shared, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
    My son sent me this link with several useful ideas, so I thought I'd pass it along: http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=46993/

I'd like to add that the tall CD spindles can be used for cone thread, crochet thread or yarn. You can drill a hole in the cover. It helps keep the kitty out of it. >^.^<
    The photos/tips on this page are good, the cookbook one is even sorta brilliant; however, the comments section is hilarious. OMG, who knew grammar and spelling was so important to some people.

I would like to know what high-falutin' circles people move in that they use separate, individual dishes for condiments at a BBQ. I have been on this earth 56 years and have never seen that. Just put the ketchup bottle, mustard bottle, relish bottle on the table, add spoon if needed, when done, put lids back on and put back in fridge. Now THAT saves dishwashing.

PS - I would even rather wash dishes than a muffin tin, those things are a pain to get clean.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    I would like to know what high-falutin' circles people move in that they use separate, individual dishes for condiments at a BBQ. I have been on this earth 56 years and have never seen that. Just put the ketchup bottle, mustard bottle, relish bottle on the table, add spoon if needed, when done, put lids back on and put back in fridge. Now THAT saves dishwashing.

PS - I would even rather wash dishes than a muffin tin, those things are a pain to get clean.

I agree with washing that tin- what a pain ... BUT i like that idea.. I have a huge Family and if 150+ family members have to wait on 5-6 bottles things would get real ugly real quick.. And honestly I would prefer NOT to have a doz+ of half empty condiment containers, specially if it was 12+ of EACH condiment.... lol..

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
    I agree with washing that tin- what a pain ... BUT i like that idea.. I have a huge Family and if 150+ family members have to wait on 5-6 bottles things would get real ugly real quick.. And honestly I would prefer NOT to have a doz+ of half empty condiment containers, specially if it was 12+ of EACH condiment.... lol..
    If you have 150+ people dipping from a condiment muffin pan, someone's gonna have to be standing over it, constantly filling it! Let's see . . . for that many people, how many muffin pans would be needed, without constant filling? Certainly more than one or two! Seems like passing the bottles would be easier!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Some of the tips are great (like the Doritos) but putting pancake batter into a ketchup bottle, just seems like it'd take more time/trouble than it's worth!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Love so many of those ideas. Will try the pants hanger and the hamberger ones.

Your oops you're right the comments are hysterical. But some of the ideas are good.

Blog Entries
    What good tips but what a waste of good doritos!
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
    The photos/tips on this page are good, the cookbook one is even sorta brilliant; however, the comments section is hilarious. OMG, who knew grammar and spelling was so important to some people.
    I believe grammer and spelling are important! Our kids see how "unimportant" education is by our attitude and example. Look at how dumbed down our young people are getting, coming out of high school barely able to read and write.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I laughed at the comments .. whoa .. well whatever on that .. Thanks for sharing the site ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    What I want to know is -- so what's the problem with getting messy fingers while dunking oreos? Isn't that half the fun?