Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Been sewing all day and trying to get
Things done. Think one of my centers for a round robin that I'm in may be the shabby chic style, at least it is to me. I did pop it a little with the very dark purple to just add a little depth but as you can see the fabrics are almost like a faded out color. I asked the ladies to just add colors that were very light and soft for their rounds and sent the peony fabric along so they could use some of it if they wished. It still has a couple of more rounds to go before I get it back but am hoping for a very soft and feminine quilt. Anyway think this might be an example for you.
And yes dedemac, it's almost time to jump aboard that train isn't it? Seems like I've been waiting at the station forever. Time to finish dinner, will check in tomorrow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]442865[/ATTACH]
Jaba please tell me what the name of this pattern. That is beautiful.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 PM

Jaba, your blocks are always stunning.

Let's see hint for today??? You have lots of green around your house, when I look at the sky view.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:12 PM

Thank you Dedemac, that's a very nice compliment and I do appreciate it. I think you do very nice work also!
OMG Airwick156, I just went downstairs and looked to see if by chance I left the pattern with the fabric....sorry. I really should start doing this, but I hardly ever do the same block twice for something like this and really can't remember if I started with a pattern or just drew it out. If I drew it out, trust me, in the back of my mind....somewhere and sometime I have made this block before. Pretty sure I made it 18 1/2" unfinished, so all the pieces would be 3 1/2" unfinished if that helps. It is pretty simple though, just squares and 1/2sq. triangles, just draw yourself a little pic and go from there. Sulabug is a whiz at this, she's the teacher.
See I'm chatting away now, can you tell I'm getting caught up and feel like I have enough projects done to occupy my time. Went on Google Earth for the very 1st time, that's husbands passion, and my SS lives in a very nice neighborhood, lots of nice green grass and a big tree in her front yard. Couldn't figure out how to get to the back yard and trust me....I'm not askin'. We get up around here about 5:30 a.m. so think it's my pj's time. Have a great night ladies and thanks for letting me yak!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Been sewing all day and trying to get things done. Think one of my centers for a round robin that I'm in may be the shabby chic style, at least it is to me. I did pop it a little with the very dark purple to just add a little depth but as you can see the fabrics are almost like a faded out color. I asked the ladies to just add colors that were very light and soft for their rounds and sent the peony fabric along so they could use some of it if they wished. It still has a couple of more rounds to go before I get it back but am hoping for a very soft and feminine quilt. Anyway think this might be an example for you.
And yes dedemac, it's almost time to jump aboard that train isn't it? Seems like I've been waiting at the station forever. Time to finish dinner, will check in tomorrow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]442865[/ATTACH]
Beautiful!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 PM

I finally got back into my sewing room tonight after nearly two weeks of insanity - my husband and I went away for a weekend, I had some work travel, kids had three days off from school, and my stepson turned 13. Busy, busy, busy.

My stepdaughter's fourth grade teacher is a knitter and yesterday was the start of Knit Club which meets before school on Tuesday mornings. They had 10 girls and 4 boys sign up and my SD is so excited about it! So tonight she suggested that we sit in my sewing room and get crafty. She sat in her beanbag chair and knitted her Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf and I finished piecing the top to a tablerunner, and started and completed two projects for my SS! Whew! It was a great night, finished off by some amazing fresh pumpkin chocolate chip bars.

I'm loving the look of the new Quilty Fun book, and am contemplating joining in on Fat Quarter Shop's sew along. This book matches my style completely. Anybody done an online sew along like that before?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:48 AM

Sulabug is a whiz at this, she's the teacher.

Oh My Goodness Jaba, I don't think of myself as a whiz at this, but I do love to make this kind of a block. I also love to paper piece, I think that is my passion!! Thank You for the kind words of encouragement!!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:02 AM

Good morning all! Jaba, if that's shabby chic, then I guess I like it too, 'cuz I sure do like that block! I did get a little something done for my Santaee yesterday & the box is filling up to be rather full. Gonna have to stop making things at some point or I won't get the box closed! There's a couple of things I want to do yet, but will get them done before the weekend is over so I can ship next week. I still have to wrap everything too!

Today's clue: You're retired.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:55 AM

Must be me....The first clue that fits!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by madbury View Post
My stepdaughter's fourth grade teacher is a knitter and yesterday was the start of Knit Club which meets before school on Tuesday mornings. They had 10 girls and 4 boys sign up and my SD is so excited about it! So tonight she suggested that we sit in my sewing room and get crafty. She sat in her beanbag chair and knitted her Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf and I finished piecing the top to a tablerunner, and started and completed two projects for my SS! Whew! It was a great night, finished off by some amazing fresh pumpkin chocolate chip bars.

I'm loving the look of the new Quilty Fun book, and am contemplating joining in on Fat Quarter Shop's sew along. This book matches my style completely. Anybody done an online sew along like that before?
That is fabulous; sounds like a wonderful evening! How nice of the teacher to start the club, and it's nice that the guys are joining in too. Your DSD's beanbag chair is within striking distance of your sewing machine -- meaning that she may catch the quilting bug too!

I haven't done any sew-alongs but have made up my mind that I'll join in one of Craftsy's mystery quilt-alongs when one with the perfect fabrics comes along. I knew FQS did mystery quilts; is this the quilt-along you're talking about, or do they have other things as well?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Jaba, your blocks are always stunning.

Let's see hint for today??? You have lots of green around your house, when I look at the sky view.
I was going to say this could be me, until I looked up our address on the google maps. They must have taken the picture during the drought. Everything is brown instead of green (we live in the middle of a pasture).