Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Set in machine >

Set in machine

Set in machine

Old 10-03-2013, 12:00 PM

Default Set in machine

How many of you have your machines set in a table for working?

How many of your successfully convinced your other half to cut a hole in your table to make it set it?

I'm trying to convince df to make it so my janome is set in. So far he says no but once I get a maybe it's on. Lol
Old 10-03-2013, 12:10 PM

Mine is set in and I love it. I bought a custom table designed for my machine, though, rather than cutting into an existing table. It wasn't horribly cheap but the quality and stability of this table is much better than I'd get from anything else. It's very thick melamine top with steel legs and braces. Plus it disassembles which will be great next time I have to move!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:19 PM

Mine is set in - but I found a really nice Horn cabinet on craigslist and it was a tremendous bargain!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM

My brother cut a hole in and old barnwood table to set my machine in. It was very sturdy and I enjoyed using the machine so much more. Good luck to you.
margee
Old 10-03-2013, 01:04 PM

Now I have to convince him. I'm using an old kitchen table and I have it perfect and it's heavy duty. I just wonder if I go buy some brackets, screws and a piece of wood I could just tell him hey get to work boss lol. I'd do it myself but my quilting space is off limits to him and his tools are off limits to me.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:31 PM

Tell him how happy you will be when he gets that honey do Done! It makes a huge difference and you will be a much kinder/gentler/whatever works person if he will just get with it!!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:45 PM

Mine is set in - to a big 5'x3' heavy oak desk 5'x3'. Love love love it! So much more comfortable and easier to push the quilt around when it gets big. DH cut a hole, put in a shelf under the hole to hold the machine, put cutouts in it for the electricals, and even made a custom top with recessed finger-pulls so if I take out the machine I can have the desk back. Lucky to have a carpenter DH!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by SueSew View Post
Mine is set in - to a big 5'x3' heavy oak desk 5'x3'. Love love love it! So much more comfortable and easier to push the quilt around when it gets big. DH cut a hole, put in a shelf under the hole to hold the machine, put cutouts in it for the electricals, and even made a custom top with recessed finger-pulls so if I take out the machine I can have the desk back. Lucky to have a carpenter DH!
I would love to see some pics of your desk!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:04 PM

I'm gonna sweet talk him into it. I just have to wait a smidge for him to get a bit less stressed. His plates are full and I didn't realize how full. Having a full time job and his at home job piled up. I guess he got suckered into another spare job. Once he gets settled I'll get my set in machine.

Or I can make the baby do my dirty work lol. I have a stash of fabric for her birthday quilt so I will hhhaaaavvvveeee to have a set in machine to do her quilt lol.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:52 PM

I did it myself, cut my table and set my Juki down in there...love it!!!