Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
For giggles, continued, I saw it on... >

For giggles, continued, I saw it on...

For giggles, continued, I saw it on...

Old 10-09-2014, 06:54 AM

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1024290568

Maybe it's my eyes or a bad pic....
The title says "Robin egg blue shabby chic singer sewing machine"
It's also dated wrong. 115 Wings didn't go that long....

Some less common attachments with this one though
Old 10-09-2014, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Rodney - STOP THAT!!!! I guess it's good I don't live in an area that has a plethora of vintage machines.

BTW - A.G. Mason is a badged White. There is some interesting history between AG Mason, Domestic and White. It does appear that early on AG Mason may have mfg some VS machines for White - but at some point they ended up as a White subsidiary, and finally it appears they are just another Mfg name that White sold machines under, maybe to help keep the "White" line separate from the "badged" machines. It does seem that the White machines with other names on them are often stamped as AG Mason Mfg. Well, other than the Domestic line. That's mostly speculation on my part, just from bits and pieces I've read here and there . . .
Thanks for clearing that up! that does explain the amazing similarities. It's good that I'm broke or I'd be up to my eyeballs in sewing machines and I'd be posting about more than a few AFTER I bought them. From what I've seen I would think places like Indiana and Michigan or the East Coast would be the hot spots for old sewing machines. We're just a little too new here to have a lot of truly early ones around.

ArchaicArcane I don't think your eyes are bad. That "robin's egg blue" looks more like "bird poop white" to me.
Rodney

EDIT: I just blew up the picture. There might be some blue in the paint. Did you see the other treadle hiding behind it?

Last edited by Rodney; 10-09-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:56 AM

Here's a nice one for those down around Texas.
A nice pale pink Atlas. It looks like it will clean up quite nicely.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-18318910.html
I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here by posting this auction. I'm never sure of the proper etiquette when it comes to auctions.
Rodney
Old 10-09-2014, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Here's a nice one for those down around Texas.
A nice pale pink Atlas. It looks like it will clean up quite nicely.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-18318910.html
I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here by posting this auction. I'm never sure of the proper etiquette when it comes to auctions.
Rodney
The case has been through hell and back but the machine does look like it would clean up well.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:15 AM

Look at the bidding war:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-18312414.html

I really hope that the winner realizes that the machine is not vintage. I hope all the bidders realize this. I mean, why would they not except that that's how it's being advertised...?

I thought about contacting them. Then again, the listing does state its origin is Taiwan.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by KenmoreRulesAll View Post
Look at the bidding war:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-18312414.html

I really hope that the winner realizes that the machine is not vintage. I hope all the bidders realize this. I mean, why would they not except that that's how it's being advertised...?

I thought about contacting them. Then again, the listing does state its origin is Taiwan.
Oh lordy! I saw this when it was first posted and was disgusted it was listed as "vintage". Oh no, it is not! I hope the winner truly knows what they are bidding on.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:57 AM

That's funny. I was just in shopgoodwill this morning and missed that one. I hope the bidders know it's not truly old. It does look like it's never been used. Maybe that's the attraction.
Rodney
Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
That's funny. I was just in shopgoodwill this morning and missed that one. I hope the bidders know it's not truly old. It does look like it's never been used. Maybe that's the attraction.
Rodney
I just now did contact the seller. They're running the risk of being accused of making a fraudulent claim.

Cari
Old 10-09-2014, 11:08 AM

Aren't those reproduction machines about 40 years old? That's vintage in my book, though vintage is a vague descriptor anyway.

There are too many resources these days that people can use to research products, so if some bidder doesn't do their homework, that's on them. Not to mention that relying on Goodwill descriptions is a recipe for disappointment
Old 10-09-2014, 11:16 AM

No -they are current production Singer machines made overseas. I was just reading about them yesterday, and too many people think they are reproductions or "clones" or something. Just current production and not anywhere near as good as the ones made 50 years ago.