Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Viking Designer 1 Users - I have a question about software...can you help? >

Viking Designer 1 Users - I have a question about software...can you help?

Viking Designer 1 Users - I have a question about software...can you help?

Old 07-30-2014, 06:15 PM

Default Viking Designer 1 Users - I have a question about software...can you help?

Does anyone know if 4D Plus embroidery software would work on a Viking designer 1? And does it do digitizing? I don't think so, but really not sure.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:19 AM

There is a yahoo group called...designer gems....you could join the group and ask all kinds of questions, they are so knowledgeable. However.....lots of knowledge on this site, also! Just thinking the yahoo group is more specific. There is also a 6D group that could probably answer your question.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:59 AM

What file format does your viking use? My pfaff uses vp3 files and I have 5d so can't answer for sure about4d but I can digitize.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:37 AM

4D plus will work with any Viking. It saves in HUS plus VIP and VIP3. I don't think Plus digitizes - the full 4D will.

There is a Yahoo site called "Compusew with Jan" that covers the Viking/Pfaff software, and Embird.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

yes it does. I have a Designer I and D4. I have the software installed on an old PC running an old version of Windows. Won't run on the newer versions. I'm not home right now, so I don't know the exact version of the OS, but PM me if you need this information. It has a Send function, but does not have Manager, so you can send ONE design to a floppy to use in the Designer I. Design Manager allowed you to create a floppy with multiple designs, but was discontinued with D3. I've never upgraded because it does everything I want. I can combine designs, and it removes the overlapping stitches. I can add lettering. You can scan designs in and it will do an autofill. YOu can manipulate individual stitches, but if you actually want to manually punch a design, it would be cumbersome. If you purchase a used copy, make sure you get the dongle. If you are not familiar with the designer I, you need software to create a floppy it can read. You cannot drag & drop or cut & paste.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:59 PM

QUOTE=Weezy Rider;6825303]4D plus will work with any Viking. It saves in HUS plus VIP and VIP3. I don't think Plus digitizes - the full 4D will.

There is a Yahoo site called "Compusew with Jan" that covers the Viking/Pfaff software, and Embird.[/QUOTE]

Forgot about this one....another great one!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:31 AM

I just looked at "4D Configure" which is the portion of 4D that allows you choose the machine that you want to send your embroidery files to and D1s are listed there. I currently have 4D running on Windows 8.