Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tin Lizzie owners help!! Please! >

Tin Lizzie owners help!! Please!

Tin Lizzie owners help!! Please!

Old 11-08-2015, 02:04 PM

Unhappy Tin Lizzie owners help!! Please!

Okay, so I bought a tin lizzie and frame off of ebay. First mistake. Don't get me wrong I love ebay but this was not the way to buy a longarm. Since it was pick-up only I drove 3 1/2 hours each way to pick up boxes of pieces and the machine. Ended up printing out the manual to put the frame together and another for the machine. Now the problem. Everything is put together except the cables. There is not one picture of the machine with the cables attached. I'm hoping to follow pantographs so I attached both front and back handlebars. But I have tried every variation of connecting all the cables and when I get the lamp to work nothing else does. When I get the boxes on the back handlebars to light up the lamp doesn't and still will not stitch. Please, please any of you who own this would you please take a picture of the back of the machine connected correctly?? Or just an explanation if a camera isn't handy. Thank you. Considering I got this far all by myself I was hoping to start quilting this weekend. Instead I've been playing with cables.
Again, I thank you.
bev. aka quiltease
Old 11-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

Which machine did you get? TL made/makes a variety of models.
The have a number of You Tube videos. There may be one here that will help:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vRlov-i5KKFEj7

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 11-08-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:26 PM

I have a TL 18 that is about 6 years old, I have 3 cables, 1 with a square head, fits square hole, other 2 are round but the peg placement are different in each hole, so they are not interchangeable. You may have to call the company on Monday or if a dealer is close, go look at there floor model. Can you call the seller?
Old 11-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

I Googled "Tin Lizzie quilting machine cables" and came up with these photos:
https://www.google.com/search?q=tin+...machine+cables

Perhaps one of them will help you?

Also, I recommend joining one or more of the Tin Lizzie groups on Yahoo. Here is a link to the largest group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ieLongarm/info
Old 11-09-2015, 03:24 AM

Thank you all for your help. Will join the group! Finally broke down and emailed the company. Having someone come to help me level the frame (not from the company, a friend who lifts weights!!). I'm in an older apartment which has the floors tilting this way and that so I'm hoping that is part of the problem of it not stitching. I doubt it but…
Thank you again!!!
Old 11-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

Glad you are able to resolve the problem. I would have thought that the eBay seller would have had everything better organized. Good Luck.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:37 PM

Thought you might like to hear the end of the story. I emailed the company in Utah hoping they might help. Then I got an email from the person who sold it, in New York! I'm still wondering about that, but he asked for pictures and the model number, which I emailed back and he emailed me back with exactly what I was look for, the cables and where they plugged in. Also a button to press to make all the connections. Did as the picture instructed and…success!!! The only thing I can't get working is the bobbin winder. Will only work when I run the machine back and forth along the leaders. Not a problem. Just another funky thing in my life. Have quilted two baby quilts since and I'm happy. Now to load the 90x96 double batted monster!
Thank you all for your help!!!