Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 12-23-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
yes, these are fairly common things that get negotiated.

i have a contract and guidelines that must be met for me to release a quilt for display.

if people are willing to let their quilts be displayed they too should decide on those conditions and if the shop can not abide by them don't send your quilt.

yes, the word quilt can be added to the title of the blog.
Is the contract you use one you would be willing to share? It sounds like something I would be interested in.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned

no, my attorney would be very upset with me. we pay him a nice sum of money every year to handle both mine & DHs copyright issues and contracts.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:23 PM

The other thing to keep in mind is that this is all voluntary .... no one is saying that we *have* to send our quilts around, or *have* to participate in the blog. :-)

The more the merrier, obviously, but it's not compulsory. :-)
Old 12-23-2009, 03:31 PM

this is kinda my thinking about the overview of the endeavor

1) the nuts and bolts of the project stay on this forum - tutes, pics, chatter.

2) the blog is a supplement to what we do here. the objective is to get outside parties interested in the project in the hopes of "fabric & notions" type support for the people who are having a hard time. i'm good (i purchased everything i need months ago) if i can convince people to help i will let everyone know and we can get the fabric out to the people who need it.

everyone who feels comfortable can and should try to get contacts interested to.

3) the blog will be open to everyone who's in this project but they would not be required to do a post.

it would be nice if everyone involved did just one post - that would take us 66 weeks to achieve just one post from all.

4) posts on the blog can be about what ever you like just try to keep it related to quilting or jane in some way.

5) i'll try to figure out some way for all of us to be able to post our jane block pics but worse case we can use a photosite and have a link to that.

so there you go - everyone express thoughts likes/dislikes/concerns.
1) Agree completely. This is where we ask questions, discuss each weeks blocks, toss around ideas, etc.

2) Agree again... it will be more "direct" than in here, there's a lot of chatter to wade through in a catch up and most people who haven't been involved from the start won't bother. A blog will be more to the point.

3) Are we limited to one post, or can those of us with verbal diarrhoea do more?!? ;-)

4) "My dog ate my block" ?!? ;-)

5) I think with most places you can add pictures to a post without too much trouble.

6) Will reader's comments be allowed? They would need to be moderated, but I think it would be good to have them.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:46 PM

I hope this works out for all of you but I'm bowing out of this part of the party, it's just too much. I thought this was going to be a fun thing to do but it's getting too big for this country girl to follow. I'll just follow the schedule that Klue has made and try to keep up. :shock:
Old 12-23-2009, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by okie
I hope this works out for all of you but I'm bowing out of this part of the party, it's just too much. I thought this was going to be a fun thing to do but it's getting too big for this country girl to follow. I'll just follow the schedule that Klue has made and try to keep up. :shock:
This will still be fun... this thread will continue as it has, with a lot more hints and tips and discussions on each block as the schedule gets underway.

And you can read the blog every now and then if you have free time and feel like it. There's really no more work being created for anyone, except poor Klue! lol
Old 12-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
The other thing to keep in mind is that this is all voluntary .... no one is saying that we *have* to send our quilts around, or *have* to participate in the blog. :-)

yes, i imagine more will be out then in. people are very protective of the quilts and let alone a jane quilt.

i have no problem with it - my jane is going to be a picnic blanket - so if i'm willing to lay it down in the grass and dirt i certainly don't have a problem with it hanging in a few locations before i do so.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by okie
This will still be fun... this thread will continue as it has, with a lot more hints and tips and discussions on each block as the schedule gets underway.

And you can read the blog every now and then if you have free time and feel like it. There's really no more work being created for anyone, except poor Klue! lol
I agree with Okie, I have all I need for now. Altho I don't want to miss anything this is all I can do.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:03 PM

yes, i imagine more will be out then in. people are very protective of the quilts and let alone a jane quilt.

i have no problem with it - my jane is going to be a picnic blanket - so if i'm willing to lay it down in the grass and dirt i certainly don't have a problem with it hanging in a few locations before i do so.
For me it's an ego thing... I get a huge kick out of sending a few blocks out to travel round the world, can you imagine the buzz from sending a whole quilt! LOL Better than any drugs I reckon! ;-)
Old 12-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Banned

this is kinda my thinking about the overview of the endeavor

1) the nuts and bolts of the project stay on this forum - tutes, pics, chatter.

2) the blog is a supplement to what we do here. the objective is to get outside parties interested in the project in the hopes of "fabric & notions" type support for the people who are having a hard time. i'm good (i purchased everything i need months ago) if i can convince people to help i will let everyone know and we can get the fabric out to the people who need it.

everyone who feels comfortable can and should try to get contacts interested to.

3) the blog will be open to everyone who's in this project but they would not be required to do a post.

it would be nice if everyone involved did just one post - that would take us 66 weeks to achieve just one post from all.

4) posts on the blog can be about what ever you like just try to keep it related to quilting or jane in some way.

5) i'll try to figure out some way for all of us to be able to post our jane block pics but worse case we can use a photosite and have a link to that.

so there you go - everyone express thoughts likes/dislikes/concerns.
1) Agree completely. This is where we ask questions, discuss each weeks blocks, toss around ideas, etc.

2) Agree again... it will be more "direct" than in here, there's a lot of chatter to wade through in a catch up and most people who haven't been involved from the start won't bother. A blog will be more to the point.

3) Are we limited to one post, or can those of us with verbal diarrhoea do more?!? ;-)

4) "My dog ate my block" ?!? ;-)

5) I think with most places you can add pictures to a post without too much trouble.

6) Will reader's comments be allowed? They would need to be moderated, but I think it would be good to have them.

agree to readers comments - the moderation of them is just to approve an email - not alot of work for any one.

i don't have a problem with people who would like to post more often - its a group blog - some people in a group talk more others talk less - everyone should do what feels right for them.

i like the idea that it wouldn't be censored otherwise we could just do it here and have our list of no/no topics from admin.

i'm not a big blog reading type of person but what i have noticed about blogs is the successful ones are more personal in nature - i think some people just like to peek into others day to day life - the good, the bad, the ugly.