Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 12-23-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by okie
I hope this works out for all of you but I'm bowing out of this part of the party, it's just too much. I thought this was going to be a fun thing to do but it's getting too big for this country girl to follow. I'll just follow the schedule that Klue has made and try to keep up. :shock:
This will still be fun... this thread will continue as it has, with a lot more hints and tips and discussions on each block as the schedule gets underway.

And you can read the blog every now and then if you have free time and feel like it. There's really no more work being created for anyone, except poor Klue! lol
I'm not afraid of work, I never thought of it being more work, I guess I feel the goal we were striving has taken a turn. I won't explain any furthur because someone will interpret my thoughts to mean something else.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by okie
I'm not afraid of work, I never thought of it being more work, I guess I feel the goal we were striving has taken a turn. I won't explain any furthur because someone will interpret my thoughts to mean something else.
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you didn't want more work, I thought people were confused about what was "required".

:-)
Old 12-23-2009, 05:14 PM

I'll go with the flow. But I doubt I will be sending my quilt any where.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:51 PM

I think everyone has the luxury of doing whatever they want!! That's the beauty of this sort of project...There are certain leaders willing to take on the organizational responsibility, and then a few others who want to take things to a different scale. I would imagine that the aspect being tossed around right now would appeal to some, but not to others. That should NOT stop anybody from participating...it's here for whoever wants to play along and work on this unique endeavor. Whether you want to keep your work in your hands, or send it out to the world...it shouldn't matter. Everyone will do what they want. I just really don't want anyone to feel any pressure to participate in anything more than they desire!

If we do a blog...great if you want to participate, great if you don't. The Cyber Sew will be on the QuiltingBoard - pictures, tutorials, conversation, etc. As you may or may not have noticed, a number of our more vocal members have blogs listed in their signatures...they are not taking away from the board, but enriching it with their other contributions!

If an article is published, you can ask to be part of it, or you can ask to remain anonymous...(another advantage of screen names)

If the quilts are chosen for any sort of tour or display, again, you can participate or not.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I think everyone has the luxury of doing whatever they want!! That's the beauty of this sort of project...There are certain leaders willing to take on the organizational responsibility, and then a few others who want to take things to a different scale. I would imagine that the aspect being tossed around right now would appeal to some, but not to others. That should NOT stop anybody from participating...it's here for whoever wants to play along and work on this unique endeavor. Whether you want to keep your work in your hands, or send it out to the world...it shouldn't matter. Everyone will do what they want. I just really don't want anyone to feel any pressure to participate in anything more than they desire!

If we do a blog...great if you want to participate, great if you don't. The Cyber Sew will be on the QuiltingBoard - pictures, tutorials, conversation, etc. As you may or may not have noticed, a number of our more vocal members have blogs listed in their signatures...they are not taking away from the board, but enriching it with their other contributions!

If an article is published, you can ask to be part of it, or you can ask to remain anonymous...(another advantage of screen names)

If the quilts are chosen for any sort of tour or display, again, you can participate or not.
well said - thats why you're the lawyer!

i'm a scientist, my strengths are setting up experiments and logging the outcomes.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 PM

Well, I feel better. I would not mind the blog idea. I think I understand your point, the blog would reach outside of the quilting board and get more people to join right? I was worried we were leaving here and I would not be able to keep up as I do not have access to a blog from work. The other stuff sounds exciting magazines, quilt displays Wow that could be lots of fun too.
Cher
Old 12-23-2009, 10:37 PM

Oh my WORD... LOL!!! I couldn't stand it any longer and I did my first paper pieced block using the tute that Klue posted here from the forum.

This took me over 3 hours to do!! I had to rip several times because of silly mistakes and just getting thru the learning curve.

But at least I really love how it turned out! I just have ONE last dumb question........... I rip the paper off the back of this finished block, right?

hehe

Oh, and this is the C1 block.

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...C1practice.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Banned

its look amazing and now you know how to paper piece - the worst of it is over and you'll be able to paper piece any jane block that comes your way.

yes, you would rip the paper off the back.

if its a block with bias edges i leave the paper on until i'm ready to sew the block into the quilt top.

this block doesn't have bias edges so you can rip the paper off the back when ever you want.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cheriffic
Well, I feel better. I would not mind the blog idea. I think I understand your point, the blog would reach outside of the quilting board and get more people to join right? I was worried we were leaving here and I would not be able to keep up as I do not have access to a blog from work. The other stuff sounds exciting magazines, quilt displays Wow that could be lots of fun too.
Cher
have no fear the guts of the project stay here. its just a supplement to the project for the people who would like to take part in it.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Brazen
Oh my WORD... LOL!!! I couldn't stand it any longer and I did my first paper pieced block using the tute that Klue posted here from the forum.

This took me over 3 hours to do!! I had to rip several times because of silly mistakes and just getting thru the learning curve.

But at least I really love how it turned out! I just have ONE last dumb question........... I rip the paper off the back of this finished block, right?

hehe

Oh, and this is the C1 block.
You didn't a brilliant job, well done! Isn't it addictive... such perfect points no matter how little and fiddly they are! :-)