Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 05-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Tiff...great to see you!!! Wouldn't you just love to throw some ice cubes into that bag of lemons and pour it all in a big frosty pitcher???? I would today...its really been hot outside.

Just keep doing a few blocks along...there isn't really a "behind"...you are just currently on a little bit different schedule than we are.... :lol: I can't wait to see what you've done...I bet they are gorgeous!
Old 05-26-2010, 03:58 PM

Ohhhhh Lesley, that's is absolutely gorgeous. Your cornerstones look very nice and will be stellar
(Klue's word)once you bind it.
I love how you quilted your inbetween triangles. The whole quilt is just beautiful.

Nice job.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:02 PM

Pat, I envy you your good weather! We had about half an inch of snow this past weekend and it's been raining off and on all week. Today was fairly decent, but cloudy and now raining. I am ready for the sunshine!

Okay, I found something odd. I was cutting out the fabric for block E7 (Bread Basket) and there weren't any cutting instructions for the E unit. What the heck!?! I ended up doing the block by paper piecing since I didn't feel like going upstairs to print out a template and all that. My fibromyalgia is giving me horrendous fits lately and sometimes I honestly can't get back upstairs once I'm down there. It isn't that I'm lazy, honest! Is it just that Brenda P couldn't come up with a way to write out the cutting measurements so she just skipped it or is it a glitch in the software?

Pictures...I need to remind myself to go take pictures to post.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

Tiff...sometimes you will find that the software won't print all the pieces for some of the blocks. For instance...you print a PP (foundation) pattern and it will totally leave off all the pieces that you will have to add as applique. Or sometimes it will only print a few sections of the tri and leave the other part totally out! I don't know why..but anyway...I usually print out a picture of the entire block so I can make sure I'm not missing any pieces before I start. I PP most of my blocks, so if something is missing I use the whole block print to cut up and use it as a pattern.

Yes...DO remember to take some pics!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:16 AM

Tiffany, nice to see you. I hope you are getting better every day...I know fibro can be so dibilitating...Can't wait to see your blocks - and no worries about your schedule. Do what you can, when...you know we'll always be here.

I'm still at week 20. I'm stuck again...I've pulled out sports fabrics to make my son a quick snuggle quilt. Not sure why when I have IRR's (two) to put together, the DJ, my "Pickle Dish" I'm working on...oh well, seems to be a quilter's story, isn't it!!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Tiffany, nice to see you. I hope you are getting better every day...I know fibro can be so dibilitating...Can't wait to see your blocks - and no worries about your schedule. Do what you can, when...you know we'll always be here.

I'm still at week 20. I'm stuck again...I've pulled out sports fabrics to make my son a quick snuggle quilt. Not sure why when I have IRR's (two) to put together, the DJ, my "Pickle Dish" I'm working on...oh well, seems to be a quilter's story, isn't it!!
LOL, not ready for week 22 yet then, Esq.?

My eagle eyed brother has just discovered that I did a block wrong. I managed to make G1 square rather than on point, but at this stage, I'm not going to change it, it will just have to be a variation. I have four rows together and quilted now, and the fifth is ready to go on.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

Aww Lesley...who cares??? Its your quilt and I bet nobody is gonna tell you that you did a block wrong...its not wrong anyway...its just different. I'll have several of those in my quilt :roll: :lol:

Oops, noticed that it WAS your brother that noticed...how dare he tell you it is wrong??? When is he gonna redo that block? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-27-2010, 05:43 AM

is this the brother that will inherit? I did chuckle, he is watching with a vested interest Lace. I love brothers
Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Oh Lesley he is especially eagle eyed on that quilt. Tell him its a happy mistake and you like it that was and its going on your bed before his anyway I hope.

:-D Elle
Old 05-27-2010, 11:06 AM

Lesley, That is too funny! I would have laughed out loud at him for pointing that out. :lol: