Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
did anyone else catch the Jenny Doan show tonight on PBS? >

did anyone else catch the Jenny Doan show tonight on PBS?

did anyone else catch the Jenny Doan show tonight on PBS?

Old 08-23-2016, 07:02 PM

Default did anyone else catch the Jenny Doan show tonight on PBS?

Saw a "Sewing with Jenny" show tonight on our local PBS and thinking it's a new series. She demo'ed and even easier baby fleece blanket, her hunter's star quilt, and her machine appliqued orange peel. They were doing a PBS fundraiser and for your donation to PBS you could get either a gift box with a simple baby quilt, rotary cutter, small mate, and mailing envelop to send back to MSQC for quilting. Or a boxed set of BLock books. Also telling about a one day quilt retreat, Not sure if it's on all PBS stations, because we are in the KC area and that would be her local PBS station, too. sure hoping it's a weekly show!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:37 PM

It's not on the PBS station in San Diego - what a bummer.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:50 PM

A friend of mine texted me and I recorded it. I've been to a guild meeting where she was a guest speaker and actually waited on her when I worked at my LQS. Great entertainment!
Old 08-24-2016, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

PBS is having a fund raiser on now. I'm sure I'll catch it, the fundraiser lasts for weeks. The box set of the baby quilt with all the tools and quilting is for sale on the website too. It's called Off the Couch. It's a great deal for $100.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:43 AM

Will have to look for that program on my local PBS station. I did notice the other day I went to you tube to find something "Quilty, and before the actual tute went on, there was an ad for MSQC. Also, received their catalog..I really don't remember ordering one, but anyway, my initial thought on this whole expansion of MSQC was a bit leery....balloons only take so much air, then they burst...not wishing bad luck, just caution.......
Old 08-24-2016, 06:09 AM

They really have expanded. As a side note, I ordered some fabric from them last week and have not received a shipping notice yet. Some online stores would have it delivered by now. Hope this is not a new trend for them. I was needing that fabric.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:52 AM
Power Poster

I think the $5 shipping on any order is the reason for slow mailings. They use the slowest possible shipping company. I do admire the spirit of the family. They all work and stick together to make something wonderful.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by mama's place View Post
They really have expanded. As a side note, I ordered some fabric from them last week and have not received a shipping notice yet. Some online stores would have it delivered by now. Hope this is not a new trend for them. I was needing that fabric.
I'd suggest you contact them--I've had one time where I didn't get a shipping notice right away and there was a blip in the internet order--I would not have received it if I hadn't contacted them--and then they sent it in lightening speed.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:57 AM

We never see quilting or knitting on our PBS station. Have written in and asked and they refuse.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:16 AM

Shame your local PBS does not carry quilting shows...in Alabama...we get them on Saturday...and I record them for viewing when I have time...we get NancyZ and Fons and Porter...we also get a lot of cooking shows on Saturday...great because regular channels have sports or junk...they usually start around 10:30 CST after the kiddie shows..