Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 09-09-2017, 11:13 AM

Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced place to have a design digitized? I know I've seen several places mentioned in various posts but I can't find them. The designs I've found online aren't really what I need in this case and there aren't too many designs to choose from. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:25 AM

What kind of design are you looking for?
Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced place to have a design digitized? I know I've seen several places mentioned in various posts but I can't find them. The designs I've found online aren't really what I need in this case and there aren't too many designs to choose from. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:02 PM

A few more things I have been working on lately. After my machine was being repaired (235 days), I have a lot of catching up to do. All patterns are from Embroidery Library. The round ones are lace coasters.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]580279[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0780.jpg   img_0779.jpg  
Old 09-09-2017, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
What kind of design are you looking for?
I'm looking for a Coptic Cross. It's for an employee of my daughter's. I downloaded one but the stitchout was awful. I just need the cross not the background color. I need to make a wallhanging approx. 5x7 or a little bigger.
Attached Thumbnails coptic_cross.jpg  

Last edited by MaggieLou; 09-09-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:59 PM

Are you saying that you want just the outline to stitch on some plain fabric or possibly to make into an applique?If you take out the background, it will not be free standing lace. Or were you thinking that you want the outline and center designs to sew onto some plain fabric? If not any of these, please try to explain exactly what you are thinking of.I'm in FL so if I don't answer, it will be due to a power loss. We are on the east coast so maybe we will be lucky and just have some lighter winds but we have candles at the ready and windows shuttered.
Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
I'm looking for a Coptic Cross. It's for an employee of my daughter's. I downloaded one but the stitchout was awful. I just need the cross not the background color. I need to make a wallhanging approx. 5x7 or a little bigger.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:24 PM

I want to stitch just the cross on to a lighter background, possibly a white or light cream. I don't want an applique. The picture showed a blue background when I copied it. There is no background color on the original. I hope I'm making sense. I just need the design of the cross itself.

I lived in the Orlando area for years. My daughter and all the grandkids and great-grands are in the Leesburg area. It looks like Irma is going further west so you may not get much of anything. Stay safe and good luck.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:18 AM

I'm not making myself clear; let's try again. You want the outline of the cross but do you want the design inside the cross? If you want a design inside the cross, do you want the exact one in the picture or any that I can do. I'm rather new to digitizing. Contact me off the Q B at my email address [email protected] What format do you use on your emb. machine? You said you want about 5 x 7 but the cross is very nearly the same in vertical and horizontal directions. Do you want it 5" or 7" or some other size?
[QUOTE=MaggieLou;7903403]I want to stitch just the cross on to a lighter background, possibly a white or light cream. I don't want an applique. The picture showed a blue background when I copied it. There is no background color on the original. I hope I'm making sense. I just need the design of the cross itself.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:21 AM

As I understand her, she wants the cross to fit within a 5x7 hoop, which means a design of about 4.95 x 4.95 inches, just the design as it is pictured--without the light blue background. That just happens to be the background the cross was embroidered on. She will put it on white fabric. It is not FSL--just an embroidery design. I see 5 colors--yellow, gold, white, dark orange and dark blue. Beautiful cross--I am not familiar with the "coptic".
Old 09-10-2017, 04:42 AM

I'm not sure what machine I have but you can do just the background color, or you can chose monochrome on your machine and it won't prompt you to change thread colors and you get the design but it all prints out in the same color. Check your editing features on your machine to see how dense it is done or maybe you just need to double the stabilizer and slow down the stitches to make it better, it is pretty
Old 09-10-2017, 08:08 AM

Sophie2, great projects--really love the round coaster.