Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-24-2016, 11:52 AM

I have a 440E machine and I believe if you went to a Bernina dealer they would be able to get you a module. The software that comes with it may be version 5 or 6. If you have Windows 10 you would need to update to Version 8. As 5 and 6 will not work on Win 10. The software is good and easy to use though with the 440 everything is done from your computer.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Annarocha View Post
I see this is an older thread but I wanted to ask someone out there about the Bernina 440 Embroidery Modules.
My mom gave me a 440, she won it a long while ago and the a year latter she won another one. So this machince is new but I'd like to add the embroidery module to it. I know that don't make it anymore so I'll have to buy it 2nd hand but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

1 - what comes with it?
2- Is the software very good and has there been any updates to it?
3- are there anythings I should be looking for?
I think I saw the embroidery unit for the 440 on eBay...,
Old 05-06-2016, 11:48 AM

Does anyone use the monster snap hoop with their embroidery machine?
Old 05-13-2016, 01:44 PM

I have decided to get an embroidery only machine, but it seems the choices are very limited. The Babylock spirit and Brother dreammaker are not available in Canada. The feature that really interested me was the positioning pen. Just curious if people really use it. The only other reasonable option is the Janome 500e. For those that have this machine, do you have trouble with hooping. I have a 4 x 4 now, and have my system, but I think a larger area will show mistakes in alignment more.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:39 PM
Banned

I have a Brother PE200, a Janome 200e, 350e, and bought the 500e in December. I love, love, love it! I don't find hooping with the large hoops much harder than the small hoops, but I use a frame made of rubber shelf liner for some of my hoops and the two largest hoops that come with the 500e have grip strips you put on the inside of the hoop to help keep the project tight. I also float thicker things like bath towels so hooping isn't an issue. Test drive the 500e at a dealer if you can and take the classes if offered. The built in software has better editing capabilities than older machines. It's a great machine.

Cari
Old 05-13-2016, 05:02 PM

I have 2 Singer embroidery machines and love them both.
They are much more reasonably priced than a lot of others
Huge hoop, 7 1/2 x 11 1/2, but you can split a design into 4 parts, so you can make a huge design if you want
You can use any design..you aren't locked into the brand that your machine is..they can read all of the design formats out there..where others only use designs in their formats
You can easily enlarge/reduce any design to get just the size you need for your project
Software is really easy to learn
Both of my machines came with a software bundle that allows me to make my own designs (digitize), and photostitch..converts pictures to a cross stitched design
You can use any font on your computer
Saved the best for last...the new machine that I have lets you pull the hoop off of the machine(to change a bobbin, for instance), and never gets out of line...even my older machine can get off, and it ruins the designs, this is a real plus...cannot say enough good things about the Singer machines!

Last edited by donna13350; 05-13-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 05-15-2016, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by jquilts190 View Post
I have decided to get an embroidery only machine, but it seems the choices are very limited. The Babylock spirit and Brother dreammaker are not available in Canada. The feature that really interested me was the positioning pen. Just curious if people really use it. The only other reasonable option is the Janome 500e. For those that have this machine, do you have trouble with hooping. I have a 4 x 4 now, and have my system, but I think a larger area will show mistakes in alignment more.
My Viking has the largest hoop out there and I have just about everyone for my machine. I rarely use the 4x4 and have no problems hooping. Have you tried the Brother 3500, its a q series, it does Disney which is what I wanted and it has the positioning pen as well. It also has self setting tension (which my viking has as well) and I wouldn't trade this feature for anything. I won a stand alone Brother and traded it for the 3500.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:12 AM

I really love this thread, and have a terrible time finding it if there haven't been any recent replies. Not a very active thread due to the difficulty finding it, IMHO. Any thoughts???
Old 10-01-2016, 05:54 AM

Default Spliting desines???

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
I really love this thread, and have a terrible time finding it if there haven't been any recent replies. Not a very active thread due to the difficulty finding it, IMHO. Any thoughts???
I do agree with you so much....I am having difficulties to find it as well....I wanted to know if anyone that owns a Janome 350e figured it out hiw to split a design on it ???? Do I need a special hoop ??? The Giga hoop has bad reviews.... ....
Old 10-01-2016, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
I have 2 Singer embroidery machines and love them both.
They are much more reasonably priced than a lot of others
Huge hoop, 7 1/2 x 11 1/2, but you can split a design into 4 parts, so you can make a huge design if you want
You can use any design..you aren't locked into the brand that your machine is..they can read all of the design formats out there..where others only use designs in their formats
You can easily enlarge/reduce any design to get just the size you need for your project
Software is really easy to learn
Both of my machines came with a software bundle that allows me to make my own designs (digitize), and photostitch..converts pictures to a cross stitched design
You can use any font on your computer
Saved the best for last...the new machine that I have lets you pull the hoop off of the machine(to change a bobbin, for instance), and never gets out of line...even my older machine can get off, and it ruins the designs, this is a real plus...cannot say enough good things about the Singer machines!
Hi Donna.....I gave up on the Singer Machines long time ago....but I never had a singer embroudery machine....I was happy to read you are happy with it ..lits awesome that it can read any format, and can split a design into 4 and the cost is more reasnoble as well.....which machine model are yoy talking about ? I will try to look into it.....