Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-20-2015, 03:22 AM

I'm fairly new to this website and am trying to find reviews and/or comments on the Pfaff Creative 3.0? Anyone either happy or unhappy with this machine? I've searched the Internet but can't seem to find much info. I'm basically a self taught quilter so haven't had much exposure to the quilting society in my area. I'd appreciate any info,thanks
Old 08-28-2015, 07:01 AM

Looking for some advice on free software to convert embroidery designs. I personally use Embird, but have a friend who is just learning some embroidery and needs to convert emb. formats, so looking for free software before perhaps moving on to a $$'s program.
Thanks.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
I think the reason this thread is not used so often, is you can't find it because there is no sticky. Any one have a way to pull this up quickly? I love this thread.
I think the reason more people do not use this thread is because it is so difficult to use. Really 309 pages! That's larger than most best selling trashy novels! I don't see how anyone can find answers to their questions or response to their comments. Why don't the managers of this website do a better job of managing this?! I would love to see the answers to questions but how do you find them?
Grumpy Cat (embroider)
Old 08-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ybradbury View Post
Looking for some advice on free software to convert embroidery designs. I personally use Embird, but have a friend who is just learning some embroidery and needs to convert emb. formats, so looking for free software before perhaps moving on to a $$'s program.
Thanks.
I use the free version of Wilcom software, I use it mostly for changing formats because I have Janome and Brother machines. It will do more, but I haven't yet had a need to learn it.

Cari
Old 08-29-2015, 07:01 AM
Banned

I recently sent (another) PM to PatriceJ about making this thread a "sticky"

In a word I was told "NO"

But here is what she did have to say about the topic.

(This is directly from the reply PM that she sent to me)

[h=2] Re: pinned embroidery thread?
[/h]
again and again ...

there is absolutely no need to limit discussion of embroidery in quilting to that one thread.
it is not a forum.

i don't mind if you and the other embroiderers keep it all in one thread,
but i can't help but wonder if you are doing yourselves a disservice. i imagine it would be difficult - if not impossible - to sift through all the comments to find specific information or advice.

threads about embroidery related to quilting would go under Main.
others would go under General ChitChat.

Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
I think the reason more people do not use this thread is because it is so difficult to use. Really 309 pages! That's larger than most best selling trashy novels! I don't see how anyone can find answers to their questions or response to their comments. Why don't the managers of this website do a better job of managing this?! I would love to see the answers to questions but how do you find them?
Grumpy Cat (embroider)
Old 08-30-2015, 06:44 AM

Hi, Yahoo has "groups" for sewers, crafters, sewing machines, software..You just need to sign up..
Old 08-30-2015, 04:45 PM

there is absolutely no need to limit discussion of embroidery in quilting to that one thread.
it is not a forum.

i don't mind if you and the other embroiderers keep it all in one thread,
but i can't help but wonder if you are doing yourselves a disservice. i imagine it would be difficult - if not impossible - to sift through all the comments to find specific information or advice.

threads about embroidery related to quilting would go under Main.
others would go under General ChitChat.

Now tell me if I understand this correctly, please. If I have a question about embroidery--say machine embroidery on a crazy quilt--I can put that in Main. If I have a topic such as what program do you use to change formats that would go under the general chit chat. Correct? Or like the one person who was asking about a frame size to use on a particular machine that would go under general chit chat.
If that is the case then that is certainly what I am going to do. I've tried the yahoo groups and I find yahoo NOT user friendly and the groups are very difficult to navigate also.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:22 PM

For the scarf I would also use the sticky back stabelizers. But I wouldn't hoop the fabric, just the stabelizers. The hoop line dosent like to come out of some fabrics.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:51 PM

I have a Brother 780 with a 4x4 and 5x7 hoop. Had this for about a year and a half. Really enjoy using it but the stabilizers are the biggest problem. I get the hoops nice and tight but probably 3/4's thru the designs, there will be some puckering. I'm not always satisfied.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by regm View Post
I have a Brother 780 with a 4x4 and 5x7 hoop. Had this for about a year and a half. Really enjoy using it but the stabilizers are the biggest problem. I get the hoops nice and tight but probably 3/4's thru the designs, there will be some puckering. I'm not always satisfied.
You are probably hooping too tight. I know all the tutorials say to hoop tight, but too tight of hooping causes most issues. I hoop my stabilizer just tight enough so it's not loose, if that makes any sense.

Cari