Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First  25 Completed Blocks >

The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks

The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks

Old 10-22-2011, 11:15 AM

The sashing is 1-1/2" wide. I have that written down. But I don't know whether that is cut size or finished size...should've written that one down too!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
The sashing is 1-1/2" wide. I have that written down. But I don't know whether that is cut size or finished size...should've written that one down too!
That's cut size - so, finished is an inch. That's what the book suggested and that's what I did. It's odd for me to follow specific measurements ... I usually do my own thing. As the blocks are only 6" square, the 1" sashing is ideal.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by weezie
That's cut size - so, finished is an inch. That's what the book suggested and that's what I did. It's odd for me to follow specific measurements ... I usually do my own thing. As the blocks are only 6" square, the 1" sashing is ideal.
Thanks Weezie ... that's what I'd been thinking, but wondered if anyone had gone rogue, and tried something else! :)
Old 10-22-2011, 02:07 PM

You are welcome. Have you browsed through "The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/Sashing/Photo Page"? It is about half-way down Page 3 of the BOM topic and has 25 pages of posts & pix, with some different layout ideas.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Thanks Weezie ... that's what I'd been thinking, but wondered if anyone had gone rogue, and tried something else! :)
QE, I "auditioned" a 1-1/2" sashing but that overpowered the 6" blocks! Laurie knew what she was doing. :)
Old 10-22-2011, 02:45 PM

OMG. Beautiful ladies.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Power Poster

You are welcome. Have you browsed through "The FWS Quilt-Along Block Placement/Sashing/Photo Page"? It is about half-way down Page 3 of the BOM topic and has 25 pages of posts & pix, with some different layout ideas.
Yes ... I've been thru it, but of course, my brain doesn't remember everything that I've seen!! Somewhat overwhelming at times! Took some pics a bit ago, so get ready!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Evie
Originally Posted by QuiltE
QE, I "auditioned" a 1-1/2" sashing but that overpowered the 6" blocks! Laurie knew what she was doing. :)
Yes, I can see that ... I was actually wondering about it being narrower, though it would be harder to work with, if you slim it down!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Alasssssssss ..... the moment has come and I can now show you my first 25 in a grouping.

It was starting to rain when I took these outside, so it was a quick photo session. I thought that with the duller day, that my colours would come out truer to the real thing, but not ... pretty bleached out for a lot of them

No thought to placement. Actually, they are in numerical order. To start auditioning fabrics for the sashing, the left board has a black/navy batik-like fabric. The right a smaller piece of a brighter blue with green/turquoise/black splatters.
Attached Thumbnails fws1-25b.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 11-14-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

Would you like to see these 25 along with their 20 friends?
For sashing possibilities .... I've added a new fabric on the 3rd board, a green/black mottle. Some of the squares have the same fabric, so if I use this for the sashings, do I re-do those blocks?

And again, no placement considerations ... strictly in numerical order!!

Thanks for looking, Ladies!
Attached Thumbnails fws1-25etca.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 11-14-2011 at 12:31 PM.