Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First  25 Completed Blocks >

The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks

The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks

Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post

Nicky, never fear of going alone. I have a feeling it will be a while before I get back to these. Have lots on my plate too. We will get there eventually.
QE, what a lovely idea. I can almost smell the pine scent!
Originally Posted by nickylsf
Quilt-E, they are gorgeous, and I am truly inspired to catch up!! Great job. I keep wanting to put aside my WIP's to sneak in a couple of these. I don't see any harm in using the same fabric in the sashing that you used in some of the blocks, on the contrary, in my view.

Nicky, never fear of going alone. I have a feeling it will be a while before I get back to these. Have lots on my plate too. We will get there eventually.
QE, what a lovely idea. I can almost smell the pine scent!

And I'll be here to cheer you on, as you both proceed .... Don't worry, I have lots of UFOs and PhDs that are sitting and saying "what about me?" and will get back to them too!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
No, I wouldn't remake the ones with the green. I had some where black pieces of the block were up against the black sashing I used. You don't see it. It's amazing how when all the blocks are together the things that we noticed on individual blocks don't stand out at all. (Thank goodness--up close & personal shows the cut off points, too). Proves the maxim the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Either of your colors look good; the green (IMHO) looks Great.
Yes, I agree with Jan. I also like the green background! On mine I used quite a bit of that mottled tan color in the blocks, and used it again on the sashing and border. I think it looks just fine, I definitely would not re-do your blocks. Your blocks are really stunning QuiltE, just love looking at them all over again!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

Awwww thanks JeanieG ... *blush* I just wish they would show you their true colours! The photos have changed them so. What do you think for the cornerstone colours? And further to the setting triangles? I am really pleased with how they are looking. And hope to make some more good progress this weekend, too!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Awwww thanks JeanieG ... *blush* I just wish they would show you their true colours! The photos have changed them so. What do you think for the cornerstone colours? And further to the setting triangles? I am really pleased with how they are looking. And hope to make some more good progress this weekend, too!
You know I think a tan or light yellow that is in one of your other blocks would look good with the dark green. Cut a few of those tiny squares and just tack them up with your blocks and look at it a few days. I often have stuff on my display board a while and change them around to see what I think looks good.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
You know I think a tan or light yellow that is in one of your other blocks would look good with the dark green. Cut a few of those tiny squares and just tack them up with your blocks and look at it a few days. I often have stuff on my display board a while and change them around to see what I think looks good.
Yesterday I was spying some fabric in my stash ... creamy with metallic gold flecks that I wondered about. Also another one that's a tone on tone cream/beige mix. Perhaps when I get to #50, I'll reward myself with rearranging and putting them on more of the green with some little cornerstones added.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:21 AM

Group pics are really terrific rather than 1 at a time.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:31 AM

Beautiful! Well done!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Oooh I like the creamy metallic idea, QE. What would we do w/o design boards!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

Absolutely OK, I really don't know what I would do without my design wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the big one 10x7-1/2 mounted on the wall ... plus those three portable offcuts that you saw in my grouping ... plus some minis that are easy to work with, for single blocks (used one to photo my BCS Mystery one.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Power Poster

A minor milestone here for me. I have the first 25 done and into EQ7. Not only that but have rotary cut or PP templates ready for the next 50. Yeah![ATTACH=CONFIG]357409[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1-25-blocks.jpg