Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 9 Patch Wonder Block Potholders Tutorial per your request

Made these with a couple of the little girls at my sewing class yesterday. They had finished the main project and made thew in 20 minutes. Fabulous project. Thank you so much for sharing.

You know what I love about this? NO BINDING!! Awesome tutorial - thanks!

Blog Entries
    i love this and want to try my hand at it. one question though - when it comes to insulbrite i am a total dummy! two layers i understand but should the shiny sides be together or apart? thanks! i am trying to make things out of my stash and i think i have like two yards of insulbrite in my stash!

According to the directions with the Insulbrite I bought first, it said to put the shinier side to the hot side so I put the shiny side to the outsides of the potholder so both sides could be used. The Insulbrite that I bought last month said it didn't matter which side was used.. There was a definite shiny side so I still put that side to the heat.
    Also when i made these potholders, I quilted them some so they would stay flat plus it made them more decorative. They are so much fun to make. As insaid in an earlier post, I basted my batting layers together and inserted them after I turned the potholder right side out. It was easier for me and since I was quilting them the batting doesn't shift.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmom View Post
    According to the directions with the Insulbrite I bought first, it said to put the shinier side to the hot side so I put the shiny side to the outsides of the potholder so both sides could be used. The Insulbrite that I bought last month said it didn't matter which side was used.. There was a definite shiny side so I still put that side to the heat.
    Also when i made these potholders, I quilted them some so they would stay flat plus it made them more decorative. They are so much fun to make. As insaid in an earlier post, I basted my batting layers together and inserted them after I turned the potholder right side out. It was easier for me and since I was quilting them the batting doesn't shift.
    thanks! i get so confused about this at times especially when flipping them inside out. i bought a adorable cupcake potholder pattern and cannot for the life of me figure how to get the insulbrite to finish with the shiny side facing out. my brain just doesn't work good at times!

Wow, going to make some this weekend. What a great tutorial! Thanks so much!

Sooo well done! Great tut! Thanks!
    "It's a *fine line* between HOBBY and MENTAL ILLNESS"~ Dave Barry

Thank you for sharing this, a perfect way to use up some leftovers I have laying around here.

I just whipped up one of these, improvising a bit,, using what i had on hand, and I love it, thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks so much for this tut. They are such fun and I love not having to bind them. I used a 12 1/2 inch 9-patch block left over from my quilt. It was made using 4 1/2" squares. I, too, used a fairly large safety pin to hold the batting while turning and it worked great. My pot holder ended up 8 1/2" and I quilted it SITD to finish it. Here a pic of it, front and back. Name:  potholder front.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  1,022.1 KBName:  potholder back.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  1.08 MB

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast