Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Confetti Quilt Instructor

Please let us know when you get your video out. These would be perfect for my teeny tiny pieces, and also the bigger scraps.

Tell your students that they've done great jobs.

Blog Entries
    Amazing technique! With my luck all the tiny pieces would shift before I got them quilted down. Does the tulle and pins work well to keep everything in place?
    PS I'd have two glasses of wine if I did it that quick and easy!

Quote Originally Posted by jand635
    I am making a video that I will rent over the internet for $2.99 for those that need a few extra pointers.
    Please, please let us know when this is ready to go. I love these!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jand635
    Hey Jackie-
    Which one are you in the picture?
    FYI, I just made an appointment with a videographer to create a video of this technique that I will be putting on the web for rent. Much easier to show you than to tell you how this works.
    Could you consider offering DVD's of this technique as well? It sounds like fun to do but my sewing room is at the far end of the house from my computer and my memory span is that of a gnat at this point.

Blog Entries
    does this have to be quilted on a long arm?

Do you have the backing laid down first then the batting? What thread do you quilt with? I love this and will have to try it. I'm looking forward to your video.

Blog Entries
    I love this idea. I would also be interested in a DVD. I can actually see some projects already in my mind.

Oh dear! I have been throwing away all the small snippets, like the tips when I'm cutting triangles, and all the edges when I make my pieces even. If I have saved them all, I probably would have finished a 10"x12" project by now. This is truly amazing. Thanks for your information. It would be really helpful if you could make a written/video instruction and just sell it as a download, instead of renting.

Blog Entries
    Very interesting. Would like to try this. I assume you match the thread to the color you are "sewing to death"?, lol? Or do you use the translucent thread?

Confetti quilting is not new. Shelly Berge from Lincoln, NE gave a workshop at our guild in Seneca, KS back in the '90's, I'm thinking. She had a couple of patterns out and was written up in a quilt magazine. She wasn't doing the 'art' pictures, but she was making hearts, designs on cards, etc with the tiny pieces that you are talking about. You have carried the idea one step futher with terrific results. :thumbup:

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast