Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Confetti Quilt Instructor

Thanks for sharing the information so patiently so far! I am also looking forward to the video. I have collected many colors of tulle for use in art quilts and am curious, do you prefer the white or do like the results you have had if you have tried other colors. I would think you only get one really perfect chance to set the tulle on top of the confetti so you better like it (seems like picking it up again would disturb the arrangement too much).

Those "pictures" are amazing! I especially like the dog picture. I've been throwing my small pieces of fabric away; now I have a reason to save them. Thank you!

Dee
    Nice art.

I am so intrigued with this! I will be watching for more information on the DVD!

I'm climbing on board the bandwagon...can't wait to try this!

Blog Entries
    Wow, those are absolutely beautiful.

I do understand how this is done and I'm not going to wait for the video, but it did open our eyes to a whole new way to quilt. This seems easy for the beginner too, no piecing just trace, chop, drop ( per say) and meander LOVE LOVE LOVE it.Thank you

I also wonder if you only use white tulle? These are beautiful!!! I will have to try one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Ah, I was wondering how you got the tiny pieces - also, I presume you chop them all up separately - what do you store them in?

I suppose what I really need to know what size of fabric would you chop up for a usable amount of confetti.

Lesley, I went online and checked out Noriko's technique for Confetti Quilts and it has a great video showing all the steps of this process and I think it will answer a lot of your questions about the process. :-D

I love your Confetti Quilts and checked out Noriko's technique online and I have to say I think this is just the things for all of us frustrated artist that can't draw a straight line. I've always wanted to paint but knew I was not good canidate for a paint brush and canvas. Sharing your new techique gives me hope that maybe still can create a picture from some of my photo's just sitting around. Thank you so much for sharing this technique with us. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now i am looking into transfer enlargers to transfer a picture I have in mind for this. This is going to be fun! Thanks so much!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    This technique is on my to-do list. I want to do a lpicture of a pheasant this way, one day. Yours and your students' pics are very inspiring. And when I get round to this, it will justify why I kept all those teeny tiny scraps that my DH jokes I have labelled 'too small to use' :lol: I'm an organisational freak and label everything! :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Just started guilting so all my bits & pieces are still in the trash bin, going to go through it make yet another recycle bin just for this project. Can't wait for more info coming. Thanks, looks like all kinds of fun. :)

These really are lovely - thanks for sharing them. It must be a huge amount of fun to work on these.

Looks like a fun technique, the pictures your students did are great.

those are gorgeous, thanks for the instructions - have to plan a sissy weekend and do this one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jand635
    Not so goofy! I turned on my overhead fan once! Only once. LOL. Cats are a problem too. Mine loves to snuggle up on whatever I am working on and that does not work with these pictures. I learned to keep mine covered.

Thanks for the compliment but I hold the belief that the more people that see this, the more people will want to learn it and they will tell someone, who will tell someone else, etc. I am making a video that I will rent over the internet for $2.99 for those that need a few extra pointers.
    I definitely am interested in your video. Can't wait to see it in action. You do a wonderful job!

This place feels like I just ran into a lot of my favorite cousins all in one place but you speak my lingo. Wow! Thank you all soo much. Videographer arriving any minute. Studio as clean as it ever has been since the day I moved in. I'll report in after our meeting. Wish me luck!

Videographer just left. What a cutie! He loves my crazy busy room. Little does he know that I cleaned a stashed for 3 days!! Even my lighting is great, who knew? Now I go make all the samples, the many, many samples. What fun. He said it will probably be 2 weeks to final product. I don't think I will be able to wait that long. What fun. Next Wens. we film! Probably too late to loose 50 pounds, huh? LOL, I am already thinking about the next video after this. Hmmmm....

That sounds so exciting. Good luck with the sample making and video making.

Wow! a budding movie star in our midst. What fun. Two weeks? Two weeks! Oh my. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by fivepaws
    Wow! a budding movie star in our midst. What fun. Two weeks? Two weeks! Oh my. Can't wait.
    You are too funny. I can't wait either. How am I going to keep my studio tidy for 5 days? I will have to work out on the deck!

So, today is work through the video outline day and figure out how many samples I need. Thank goodness I have watched all the quilting DIY shows. Don't they all have assistants? I am sure that Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims do not make their own samples. They must have assistants....hmmm, now where can I get an assistant? I wonder what my sister is doing? hmmm...

So exciting! Can't wait to see the result!

I can't wait to see the result either! Why, oh why didn't I loose that 50 pounds like I swore I would on New Year's Day? Oh well, I've lost 20 and that's a good start. And speaking of samples, do y'all have any idea how many it takes to film a 1 hour video? I have not appreciated the people who made videos before me. Thank you to all those people, those assistants everywhere that cranked out the samples. My assistants haven't shown up yet. LOL

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast