Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Confetti Quilt Instructor >

Confetti Quilt Instructor

Confetti Quilt Instructor

Old 09-08-2011, 02:24 PM

My head is spinning with ideas. I can't wait to try it. I look forward to your video. I have a few projects to finish quickly because they have deadlines. Then I think I will start playing with this. I have been looking for something different and this is sure different. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:46 PM

Thank you so much. I can't wait for the video so I can try this.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:16 PM

The tuile doesn't distort or fuzz out the vivid fabrics? Where do I get tuile?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:18 PM

Ok, tuile is a cookie (subconscience) and I meant tulle?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Wow this is fantastic. I am one of those people that can't draw but would love to create a pictorial quilt. You have given us a medium to do that. I can't wait for the dvd.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jand635
Hello there-
Well, to make it short, you find your picture, transfer it onto some batting. Then you chop up your fabric using a rotary cutter NOT scissors. Then you sprinkle the tiny pieces onto the batting which is laying on top of your backing. You have to work flat on a flat surface. I encourage students to use a design board (think cardboard or foam core board). Once the design covers the batting to your satisfaction, you cover the whole thing with bridal tulle (fine netting) and you quilt it to death with your machine.

Got it?
When you say quilt it to death do you mean you pick a quilting pattern and then sew it very close together?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:42 PM

The tulle does knock back the colors a bit. You buy tulle wherever you buy sewing supplies. Like Joanns. The tulle is used to make bridal veils or costumes.

Videographer coming over tomorrow afternoon to start the video process. Whoohoo!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Linny
Hello there-
Well, to make it short, you find your picture, transfer it onto some batting. Then you chop up your fabric using a rotary cutter NOT scissors. Then you sprinkle the tiny pieces onto the batting which is laying on top of your backing. You have to work flat on a flat surface. I encourage students to use a design board (think cardboard or foam core board). Once the design covers the batting to your satisfaction, you cover the whole thing with bridal tulle (fine netting) and you quilt it to death with your machine.

Got it?
When you say quilt it to death do you mean you pick a quilting pattern and then sew it very close together?
When I say quilt it to death, I mean close together. The pattern doesn't really matter because you will not be able to see it anyway. This makes it a great place to practice! I meander about an inch apart. Arrrg! This is so much easier to show you than to tell you!!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Doesn't this just blow your mind when you think of all the ways and direction this quilting thing can take a person. I love it!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Linny
Hello there-

Got it?
When I say quilt it to death, I mean close together. The pattern doesn't really matter because you will not be able to see it anyway. This makes it a great place to practice! I meander about an inch apart. Arrrg! This is so much easier to show you than to tell you!!
Thanks. I'm going to experiment this weekend....can't wait to get started.