Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NO sash Quilt As You Go

Blog Entries
    This is great--like so many others I've never liked the sashing, and despite many futile hours trying to puzzle this out, it now makes sense. Thanks!
    Courtesy is not optional.

QM
    This is not clear to me. I hope someone will post pix.

Thanks for your written instructions and also for the link to the pictures. I'm bookmarking this and will try this soon.
    jean

I quilt first row, attach second row, tuck in batting, quilt. Then add third row, tuck in batting, quilt. If batting says 4" apart for quilting and your blocks are four inches or less you don't have to quilt at all, just be sure batting is in the seam allowances. This method also works with this log cabin pattern -- only the quilt is one big block. Your rows are one 'log'. http://0.tqn.com/d/quilting/1/7/y/B/-/-/logcabin.jpg . Some say this is not really a quilt as you go because each block is not quilted before attaching to another block. So maybe we should call this Quilt as You Row? Or Row a Quilt? Any other suggestions?

great info and thanks so much for sharing !!
    Amythyst

As a visual learner, I too was having trouble understanding this tute. But after reading the wonderful addition of the blog tutorial a few times, it was clear. THX so much!

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderBlue View Post
    As a visual learner, I too was having trouble understanding this tute. But after reading the wonderful addition of the blog tutorial a few times, it was clear. THX so much!
    I could have made it easier, I now see (visual learner, too!) by saying it is a rag with the seams inside and no quilting even necessary! I hope some post pictures of their steps/phases and/or their finished projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
    Yes, she has a nice method, Carol. There will be times I will use it, and thanks for mentioning it. Notice, though, that you have to do several more steps each time you join blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltjoey View Post
    Sounds interesting but photos would really help as I get lost in the reading. Hope you can post pics as it would be great to find an easier method of QAYQ and DSM quilting...
    Kindly,
    Yep - I stopped reading after a few lines, so I have no idea what you were talking about. Pictures always help!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
    Yep - I stopped reading after a few lines, so I have no idea what you were talking about. Pictures always help!
    I knew it was hard to understand and posted someone else's tute I finally came across but must have gotten lost to you amongst all the other comments. http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click?...t232261-2.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast