Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NO sash Quilt As You Go

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
    Yep - I stopped reading after a few lines, so I have no idea what you were talking about. Pictures always help!
    Stopped reading after a FEW lines? yeah it was confusing but anyone after just a FEW lines even if articulated well would most likely not know what one was talking about. I am a new to the board, as is obvious. I did ask how to post pics, and answering that question would have been a little more helpful than (and welcoming), "Yep - I stopped reading after a few lines, so I have no idea what you were talking about....." If pictures are expected after just a few lines, my apologies as I had no idea this was a picturebook style blog to accommodate those not desiring to read past a few lines.

Wow.... a bit snippy aren't we?

This tutorial plus the pictures really made this click for me. Thanks for sharing! My head is buzzing with possibilibees.
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Blog Entries
    The blog post helped a lot. I don't free motion though. I wonder how this would work with straight line quilting. Obviously one would have to put a line or two of quilting where the batting butts up. Maybe a serpentine would work but you'd have to make sure you caught both battings in the stitching. I do like this idea. I don't mind sashing but don't always want it.

Quote Originally Posted by gale View Post
    The blog post helped a lot. I don't free motion though. I wonder how this would work with straight line quilting. Obviously one would have to put a line or two of quilting where the batting butts up. Maybe a serpentine would work but you'd have to make sure you caught both battings in the stitching. I do like this idea. I don't mind sashing but don't always want it.
    I only sew in straight lines or carefree wavy lines and both work real well with this. And my, does it go fast! It does help if the quilt is over the left shoulder as putting through machine. It is surprising how just a little drag from the quilt hanging straight down can slow the quilting down.

Quote Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
    Wow.... a bit snippy aren't we?
    The response to the snippy, "Yep _ I stopped reading after a few lines, so I have no idea what you were talking about. Pictures always help!" is snippy? Or the the original snippy is snippy? The first was rude, unwelcoming, and totally unnecessary. The response snippy could have been left unsaid.

Blog Entries
    FYI. That's par for the course on this board. I just ignore that kind of stuff. You were helpful and I've never seen this method, and apparently a few others have not either. So thanks for sharing-most people here are pleasant and helpful/grateful.

eta: I lie-I don't always ignore it. Sometimes I get into a war of words and usually wish I'd just ignored it but I have a big mouth and can't always do it. At any rate, don't let it turn you off this board.

Blog Entries
    I don't understand :-(

I get how it works on the front, but am deep in the dark on how the back can come out right.
    Anyone work their way out of the same confusion and willing to share?
    Fortune favours the prepared mind
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gale View Post
    FYI. That's par for the course on this board. I just ignore that kind of stuff. You were helpful and I've never seen this method, and apparently a few others have not either. So thanks for sharing-most people here are pleasant and helpful/grateful.

eta: I lie-I don't always ignore it. Sometimes I get into a war of words and usually wish I'd just ignored it but I have a big mouth and can't always do it. At any rate, don't let it turn you off this board.
    Hoosier here; North Central. Hi, Neighbor!

Quote Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie View Post
    I don't understand :-(

I get how it works on the front, but am deep in the dark on how the back can come out right.
    Anyone work their way out of the same confusion and willing to share?
    The back is not all one piece/sheet. It is strips of fabric that is cut the same size and shape as the rows. You will have rows on the back side as well, which is why the demo here: http://www.candiedfabrics.com/2013/0...ing-as-you-go/ was able to create a completely reversible quilt; instead of backing she used another quilt top. She does not show the piecing example the first time she attaches a row but if you scroll down there is a pic of it when she attaches the third row, I think.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast