Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Super Fast Jelly-roll quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-fast-jelly-roll-quilt-t44258.html)

susiefreckleface 01-11-2011 12:43 PM

very clever.
looks great.

Suz

litacats 02-09-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by LindaM
Brilliant! THANK you for sharing :)

I agree thanks for sharing

MaRanda 02-09-2011 09:28 AM

Thanks for the great tute!! Must put on the "to do" list!

omak 02-09-2011 10:41 AM

Update!
On Saturday, February 12, at the Post, Project Linus will be presented 11 of these quilts, cut from my scraps. The technique will be new to many of the quilters who participate, and I know for a fact, it will encourage them to look at their scraps in a new manner. I will bring back pictures so you can see what a handful of people can accomplish in four hours and with this pattern. I am so thankful that this was shared on the board. <wave>

fromthenestdesigns 02-09-2011 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Update!
On Saturday, February 12, at the Post, Project Linus will be presented 11 of these quilts, cut from my scraps. The technique will be new to many of the quilters who participate, and I know for a fact, it will encourage them to look at their scraps in a new manner. I will bring back pictures so you can see what a handful of people can accomplish in four hours and with this pattern. I am so thankful that this was shared on the board. <wave>

How exciting! I'm glad it's being used for so much good.
Thanks!

darlin121 02-10-2011 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DON'T CALL THE QUILT POLICE!!!
A few months ago Tuesday Mornings had some really cheap jelly rolls for sale. I bought one and later discovered that there were 40 strips in it BUT they had many multiples of the SAME FABRIC! So there I sat with this awful jellyroll and along comes this tute. So throwing caution to the wind and KNOWING that same colors were going to touch and crowd together I made this jelly roll top. I used 2X2 1/2 inch white 'spacers' to separate each strip during the first sew together. After that I just let chance take its turn. This is what resulted. Since its going to be used as my granddaughters drag around quilt I thought it didn't turn out too badly.

Maddie's 'drag around' quilt-no borders yet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]120420[/ATTACH]

BluegrassGurl 02-10-2011 01:16 PM

WOW!!! I am in the process of making several charity quilts... I will definitely make use of this method. Thank you so much for sharing!

PatinAtlanta 02-10-2011 01:43 PM

I love the idea of the spacers...I cannot wait to do this!!

Originally Posted by darlin121
DON'T CALL THE QUILT POLICE!!!
A few months ago Tuesday Mornings had some really cheap jelly rolls for sale. I bought one and later discovered that there were 40 strips in it BUT they had many multiples of the SAME FABRIC! So there I sat with this awful jellyroll and along comes this tute. So throwing caution to the wind and KNOWING that same colors were going to touch and crowd together I made this jelly roll top. I used 2X2 1/2 inch white 'spacers' to separate each strip during the first sew together. After that I just let chance take its turn. This is what resulted. Since its going to be used as my granddaughters drag around quilt I thought it didn't turn out too badly.

burnsk 02-10-2011 02:14 PM

Spacers - what a great idea. Going to do that on my next one. Thanks for the idea.

Maurene 02-10-2011 02:37 PM

I suppose I could make jelly-roll strips by stacking and whacking all sorts of scraps -- just line them up on a rotary mat, get out the plastic ruler and whack? 2 1/2" strips?
I live in Canada - don't think we have jelly roll producers here - mailing costs double the prices of everything!