Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: the technique tutorial making the rise and shine blocks

Blog Entries
    Thanks for this tute....looks doable and I may try it come September.

Blog Entries
    funny how we tend to try to make things so complicated when it turns out to be soooooo simple :)
    i was totally amazed when i first went in to lay these out for the first time and realized i had 96 blocks! they went together so fast, and i only traced 48...of course, now i see the math...but it was still a surprise to get so many done in no time at all. and isn't it fun to see how different fabrics make such different blocks? greatest thing about quilting! I love to come up with a block and talk 5 friends into making it with what ever fabric they choose, then we all compare...such differences!!!
    i am glad so many of you are enjoying these...jump in and give it a try ;)

REALLY CUTE-THANKS FOR A SIMPLER WAY! satisfaction w/o the hassle!

Thank you so much for sharing your technique! Lots and lots of different applications for this!

Great job on the tutorial and fabulous blocks. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Awesome you make it look so easy. I like the 1st layout, not that you asked and I especially like your colors.

Quote Originally Posted by btiny36
    Well lookie lookie :) I happend to have the McCall's Jan/Feb 2010. But isn't it amazing how you can look at a pattern and think ummm it's ok...then someone does the pattern with a whole different look and bam!!!! you are inspired to make the once not so inspiring pattern....Wow this is on my to do list along with the other millions of patterns I want to do...but think this will move to the very close to the top...unless of course someone else comes along with another gotta do pattern :lol: Oh by the way I love both layouts but lean towards the second picture......

So true! When I saw this in the magazine it did NOTHING for me...then I saw yours and thought "I've got to make this..it's gorgeous!!"

dsj

I get overwhelmed when I see all that detail in cutting but that is a clever way to make that quilt and the black background is perfect with your color choices. I just might be able to pull that one off. Can you share where you got your pattern?

Oh how beautiful!!! Thanks for the tute!!

Thanks for the tute

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast