Another "shed" update

Old 12-27-2015, 03:24 PM

Default Another "shed" update

We are very close to being ready to move machines in. Cabinets are up, though I need to get some latches as most were broken and several of the doors won't stay closed on their own (they have always been that way).

And I got the curtain rods hung - for future wall hangings.

DH started working on installing the water lines. He brought in the two sinks so they can warm up. One goes in the workroom and one for the summer kitchen. They will both have grey drains, like we had before for the summer kitchen.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:14 PM

Cathy, it's really coming along! I suspect it's a little more difficult in the winter time, with the extreme weather we get in this country -- really around the world! I'm happy for you!

Jeanette
Old 12-27-2015, 05:51 PM
Banned

Looking good! I'm watching everything you do, I plan on using a few of your ideas in my new house and shop next year.

Cari
Old 12-27-2015, 07:17 PM

What a fun "playpen" you're going to have!
Old 12-27-2015, 08:35 PM

Wow! This room is really coming together. It will be fun to see it when you can move your machines moved out. Hopefully your area won't be getting the deep snow tomorrow. We are in line for 8 to 12 inches.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:07 AM

Awesome! Can't wait to see it with the machines and quilts on the walls!
Old 12-28-2015, 05:42 AM

hoprigmom- we got our 10" of snow Friday/Saturday, and right now should only get a few inches out of this next one. We've been having weekly snowstorms since mid November. The first three melted off, which made for a muddy mess. I think this last one is going to stick around as we've had nights below zero F. I'd rather deal with snow and frozen ground with moving the machines than the mud we've had up until a week ago.

It's pretty exciting - just need to clean up the floor and then the machines can start being moved. DH may not want to deal with anything until I'm off starting Thursday afternoon. Once the machines are moved out, then I start rearranging the sewing area upstairs. That is going to be a challenge to find room for my stash as most of it is in totes in the dining room. The batting and any designated backing fabric will be stored in the shed.

After DH gets the sinks mounted and the water hooked up, he'll be making the lower shelf units for the kitchen area. They are only going to be supports for the countertop, and I'll make curtains to cover them. I have a lot of rather large canning pots (including three pressure canners) and it will work much better to store them that way.

He has to make a holder for the batting as I buy it by they roll, and if we can fit them in, three machine shelves to put between the windows on the east wall. We'll wait on that to make sure it won't push the longarm too close to the door as it's going to be a tight fit on that end. I will have more room than I've got now, so it will be an improvement. It shouldn't be a bit issue if I can't walk all the way around the longarm, as I've not been able to do that in the dining room.

I really enjoyed spending time out there the last few days. Every time I go and look at all my machines, I want to spend more time out there with them.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:28 AM

thanks for updating us. excited to see it completed. !
Old 12-28-2015, 09:35 AM

I want to know about your "curtain rods". I need to put some kind of quilt holder on one wall of my living room. I want to change quilts every so often, so it would need to almost cover the whole wall.

I love your "Shed".
Old 12-28-2015, 04:01 PM

Looks like your shed is moving along. Pretty soon you will be done, and you will have to start on your next project. Do you know what your next project will be?
I think the snowstorm is coming our way - maybe 6-10 inches. They have been wrong many times!