Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Ebay Alert! Huge Lot Singer Hand Crank Treadle Sewing Machines 70+ near Canton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    I hope someone with good intentions gets them so they don't get recycled for scrap value. A Singer hand crank and a full sized bentwood case fetch quite a bit on the net, assuming there in average condition. Don't think you can go wrong for $500 though finding a home for the unwanted cabinetry and machines could prove challenging (maybe not on the West Coast).

Jon
    I have bought out deals like that before - well the deal I got was a different mix - they all need wiring - they all need a lot of TLC - expect to smell cat pee - no cases - tables do not go away once they are in the house - people leave them and take the machine - that said - I have LEARNED a lot from the hoard - an awful lot - I have been pleasantly surprised at how many of them have been able to work - maybe less than 5% did not ever work but then again I'm not done yet. All in all that lot would be some real work.

That also said it is a 5 hour drive one way from my place - with gas prices it would jack the price up something terrible. It might take two trips or involve a truck rental. I think I'm going to pass on that one.
    Last edited by miriam; 03-27-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

The lot sold for $1001.90.

The lot sold for $1001.90.
    Best of luck to him/her. A lot more than I would have been willing to pay even if I had the time to deal with all those machines.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Banned
    . Don't think you can go wrong for $500 though finding a home for the unwanted cabinetry and machines could prove challenging (maybe not on the West Coast).Jon
    Hey! I'm not buying THAT many machines... lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4