Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Eldredge Two Spool motor question >

Eldredge Two Spool motor question

Eldredge Two Spool motor question

Old 06-26-2015, 05:39 PM

Well, not odd if its from Craigslist! I'm hoping any motor will do, but I don't know if I can just buy a universal and expect it to attach and function the same way. I definitely don't want to try and drill a different set of holes, and I just don't know if another set up would work with the bobbin winder as well. My ignorance is not helping me sew with her! I would really love to, she's super quiet without the motor engaged, it makes an awful racket I'm thinking because the tires are hard as rock. My kids are having fun play sewing -- one pushes the foot pedal and another turns the wheel so it "sews".
Old 08-05-2015, 05:05 AM

So, after talking with my DH, he said to just buy a universal motor and he can figure out how to mount it, etc. So I did, but now the problem is the motor runs the wrong way! It needs to run clockwise so the tires will ride on the hand wheel and will turn counterclockwise. I tried looking for ways to do this online, and DH even took apart the motor, but didn't see that it would be possible to reverse the direction. Here's a link to the motor http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-0-AMPS-BLA...item19e4f42c09. Has anyone run into this problem? Can it be fixed on this motor? And i realized that i bought one that is not variable speed, so I may exchange it anyway, but if this will be an issue with them all...? Thanks!!