Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Featherweight tension trouble

Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats
    Blog Entries

Post Featherweight tension trouble

[Help! I have oil, greased, checked the bushings checked the belt, rewound 3 bobbins, changed needles, checked the bobbin tension (looks better than the top),replaced the bobbin holder to be sure it was clean, etc etc, and I cannot get the upper tension to look correct! I've also changed thread, retreaded the machine no less than 10 times and what ever else I don't remember. What can I do? I've never had a FW b/4 and did buy the DVD and manual from Featherweight Rx, and I'm not finding the answer. Can anyone offer any other suggestions? PLEASE thank you, Raine54rn

Blog Entries
    Check your way to put the needle in. Which way the flat side faces.

Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I did check the needle. It was ok one time I had the thread coming in from the wrong side but that didn't fix the problem when I rethreaded it. Anything else? Raine

Just remember, flat side of needle to the left, and thread needle from right to left. Good luck, keep plugging away, you will get there I am sure.
    Kitsy

Did you have the throat plate off..if so you might not have it back together the correct way..there is a little arm that is on the bobbin case that has to fit in a notch on the underside of the throat plate...

Gma...we all forgot to mention that...that is probably the issue. You get a star Notice A2..it fits in the slot on the underside of the needle plate.

Thanks for posting a picture of what I was trying to say!! I sure hope this fixes the problem!! I remember the first time I cleaned mine and when I got it all back together it wouldnt sew right!! I didn't know if I wanted to cry because I had waited along time to get one of these babies!! or if I wanted to be really mad cause someone just took my money for a machine that didnt work!! ..Finally after much fretting I got the book out and there was the answer!! I love my Little Black Pearl!!

Blog Entries
    I thought I did that right but I will check again. Another thing I though of while I was falling asleep was I don't remember checking the bobbin yoyo thing. To see if the bobbin tension is right, I'm afraid to cause those Stitches look even. I keep thinking it's the upper. It seems tight.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for your responses so much. If you think of any other tips please let me know. I want to sew so badly with it! I spent 6 hours reading, watching the Dave video, and playing/ cleaning it. At least it's a well oiled, greased clean nonfunctioning machine!Raine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast