Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight-What to look for or ask??? >

Featherweight-What to look for or ask???

Featherweight-What to look for or ask???

Old 10-21-2015, 03:25 PM

Hi everyone. I purchased it for $150. Its a FW221,extremely clean and is shiny black, not crinkle, with all the decals intact. (Its not a k7.) It looks brand new! Bobbin area is super clean. Came with the original book, another book and many attachments including a buttonholer. The table has folding legs and a well with cover. Table needs a little TLC and polish. Case is in very good shape all but one broken hinge.

I tried to get pictures but my camera battery is dead, and my cell will not send my pix to my computer! I promise I will get pix to post as soon as I possibly can. Thanks again everyone. Jan
Old 10-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Banned

You got a great deal! Congrats!

Cari
Old 10-21-2015, 05:52 PM

looking forward to the pictures......really, really happy for you!!!
Old 10-22-2015, 09:59 AM

Congratulations on your find. Can't wait to see pictures either.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:06 AM

I'd say it's a deal.....kind of confusing though to just exactly what she really has. If it's crinkle, it's rare and expensive.
But the fact it comes with a table...even better! Hope you can send us updates/pictures to clarifying this soon.

Last edited by nwm50; 10-23-2015 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Adding
Old 10-23-2015, 05:08 AM

Oops seems as if I missed reading the above latest news!! Great job on getting the FW and happy for you!
Old 10-23-2015, 12:28 PM

Congratulations on getting the FW! It sure sounds like you were getting conflicting information from the seller (for instance, that information about original ivory color painted black??). Now that you have it, you can nail down all of the specifics on it. It certainly sounds like a good deal! Look in the box for a penguin walking foot - wouldn't that be the icing on the cake?
Old 10-24-2015, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
Congratulations on getting the FW! It sure sounds like you were getting conflicting information from the seller (for instance, that information about original ivory color painted black??). Now that you have it, you can nail down all of the specifics on it. It certainly sounds like a good deal! Look in the box for a penguin walking foot - wouldn't that be the icing on the cake?
The ivory color painted black info came from Singer info line when I called about the serial number. The conflicting info from the seller was because she was selling it for her friend who went out of state. The owner's mother was the original owner and she went blind and later died. Her daughter kept it a long while then decided to sell it. She then went online to research it and printed out what she thought was correct like saying it was crinkle black (its standard black), that it was a 221K7 (its a 221-) and she had the date as 1965 and (it was born Jan.17,1955.) The decals are Celtic Chain design. Its a little beauty and I will post pix as soon as I can.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:10 AM

Happy Stitching!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:43 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
looking forward to the pictures......really, really happy for you!!!
Thanks. I'm still trying to get pictures. The table is the one with folding legs and a well and cover. Its brown wood on top and the legs and edge band are black.
Spent today running back and forth to the spay/neuter clinic. Five months ago a cat somehow got into my attic and "left" me two gorgeous Siamese kittens. I think she had them and left a week later, due to the extreme heat up there. Its just a low crawl space. I'm in FL and it was probably at least 100 degrees up there then. Thru the furnace ductwork I heard them crying in distress. Called a young friend and she got up in there and found them. We found them on Mothers Day. They were just getting their eyes open. I raised them on a baby bottle. They are both sweet as candy and just beautiful... white with grey markings & beautiful blue eyes. One boy (Sammy) & one girl (Sissy.) I didn't need more animals but guess they need me! LOL So today the sewing machines and housework got no attention but the kitties now have their shots and surgeries. Forgot to say I went to a community sale on Saturday, and got a 1951 New Home machine, cabinet, book & accessories for $35.00. It badly needed cleaned and oiled but sews a great stitch. Doesn't compare to the beauty and shape of the Featherweight but still a fun old machine and for the price I couldn't resist! I must get this picture problem solved- hopefully this week.

Last edited by Just Jan; 10-26-2015 at 04:49 PM.