Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hother case repair finished.

Hother case repair finished.

I've mentioned the HOTHER case was under repair and this morning I finished it. I won't show pics of the actual bottom repair as it was pretty much the same as the box in the other thread:
    Sewing machine case repair

Here is the before pics:

And the finished pics:

It turned out very nice. I think my mom would be pleased.

Joe

WOWOWOW that's amazing! i saw your instructions earlier and have a case that i'm going to try it on. is that just ordinary fabric on the case? or a vinyl?

Wow, Joe your case looks great!! How did you deal with the latches, and the handle? Did you take them off, and if so what and how did you put them back on? Did you clean the latches, or are those new? Did you use the same type of fabric as your tutorial case? That is a beautiful looking case! Wow, you did good!! Sorry, for all the questions. Anamaria

Beautiful job Joe. Is there anything you won't tackle? You are definitely a Jack of all trades.
    Kitsy

Quote Originally Posted by oregongirl View Post
    WOWOWOW that's amazing! i saw your instructions earlier and have a case that i'm going to try it on. is that just ordinary fabric on the case? or a vinyl?
    It's a stretch fabric of some kind. My wife says it's a lightweight suede cloth. The only black we could find with some sort of pattern on it.

Quote Originally Posted by grayhare
    Wow, Joe your case looks great!! How did you deal with the latches, and the handle? Did you take them off, and if so what and how did you put them back on? Did you clean the latches, or are those new? Did you use the same type of fabric as your tutorial case? That is a beautiful looking case! Wow, you did good!! Sorry, for all the questions. Anamaria
    The latches were badly rusted. They were held on with split rivets. I had to drill them out, then fix the holes and then drill new ones. The screws used were 6x32 brass flat head machine screws. The case latches are new brass plated ones.
    The metal parts on the handle was originally nickle or chrome plated but had corroded so I polished them and painted them with gold +Testor's model paint.
    The fabric used on this case is a different kind of material that what was used on the other one. We're not sure what the other one was, we bought it quite a while back.

No problem on the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by kitsykeel
    Beautiful job Joe. Is there anything you won't tackle? You are definitely a Jack of all trades.
    Yep, Automatic transmissions and computerized anythings.

Joe

Wow! Terrific case! You do super work!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Unbelievable! What a great job! I would never have attempted it!

It even surprises me when I look a the before and after pics. And I did the work.

Joe

Your Mom is giving you a pat, pat on the head, Joey. You did a wonderful job turning a sow's ear into a silk purse.
    Sweet Caroline

I've got one more to finish. The Sewmor 404 box. And it's gonna be a two tone box top. Bottom too maybe.

Joe

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast