Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: how do i thread a vogue stitch

how do i thread a vogue stitch

i just got a vogue stitch and i can't get it to stick in the materal and for it to stay threaded can anyone help me please.

robin,

Welcome to the Quilting Board forum.

There are a lot of badged machines so it would help a lot if you'd post a couple good pics of the machine.

But check the needle to make sure it's in right first. It should be set up one of two ways:

Flat to the right, threaded left to right
    Flat to the rear, threaded front to rear

Also check the bobbin for correct insertion.
    When the bobbin is threaded into the case and you pull on the thread the bobbin should rotate clockwise in the case.

Without seeing the machine I can't help much with the top thread path.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Self help - I posted this a long time ago - you may have to cut and paste links by now - maybe something there will help you: Why is my sewing machine not stitching???
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I thread my Vogue Stitch, left to right and it sews beautifully. There is a great thread under the Vintage machines for the Japanese-badged machines on the QB. It really helped me with my Vogue Stitch machine.

Blog Entries
    Links for Japanese machines: Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines and Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches and just in case it is a Japanese clone: Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up
    feel free to post a pic on the correct one! We love to see all the different machines.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Robin, I can't help but wonder if you are in the Charlotte area! I saw a vogue stitch at a yard sale . . she actually emailed me pictures the night before . .Name:  voguestitch.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  1.12 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara122 View Post
    Robin, I can't help but wonder if you are in the Charlotte area! I saw a vogue stitch at a yard sale . . she actually emailed me pictures the night before . .Name:  voguestitch.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  1.12 MB
    It looks threaded right - thread the needle from the left.
    a generic manual will work for that one:
    http://www.dontai.com/wp/images/imperial-535-manual.pdf