Kenmore Monogrammer

Old 12-21-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by fktsewing View Post
ok, the metal plate with the gear goes in place of the regular plate on the Kenmore--then you choose the buttonhole cam you want and dial it into the oblong gold selector making sure the size you want shows in the window--then use the screw on the back of the selector plate to screw it tightly onto the machine. The monogram attachment has an attached metal plate and snaps in place of the regular plate just like the buttonhole one does and the letter cams are dialed in only just barely to start. And Kenmore that has the snap in plate and a screw hole at the back of the machine will work. Mine is a 158.1941 You can probably go on line and find the instruction manual to the monomgrammer---I sold mine after I got my Viking 500 with built in monograms but I could scan and email you the directions for the buttonholer if you need them.
fktsewing, I also have a 1941 but I've never had a monogram attachment or decorative cams. I would like to get the monogram attachment. Do you know if there are different models, or if the one pictured above will fit the 1941? Also, I don't need cams for my 1941 as you already know, but there are many decorative stitches that are on the cams that I wouldn't mind having. Do you know if cams will fit this model? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:42 AM

That looks like the same shape plate as is on my "new" 158-1651 as well.

Might fit any of the Kenmore 158 machines??