Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
My Craigslist find this weekend >

My Craigslist find this weekend

My Craigslist find this weekend

Old 06-24-2015, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Sewnoma, I won a machine yesterday that I threw a bid at on a lark! I had no doubts my weaselly little .99 would be buried under other bids as the week went by and then yesterday I went and checked and there were NO other bidders! I won a black 306 for .99 and shipping. I am dumbfounded.
I SAW that listing! I almost bid on it too, simply because it was so inexpensive, but I restrained myself. I'm glad you got it!
Old 06-24-2015, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Nope! If it's a good deal and you know you want it, there's no time to horse around about it. You just have to go for it!
Yup usually I want to get it in about an hour........
BUT the other week I saw a 201 on CL, emailed and 3 or 4 days later got an answer. I just had surgery so delayed sending DH after it. He looked at it and talked the people down to just about giving it to him. LOL. He got it home and it has a frozen pressure bar and a rusted bobbin carrier. The needle bar is still in time out but the rest of the machine works like a new one. I should get off here and give that bar another squirt.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:54 AM
KLO

What a find! I know I will never find one of these Featherweight tables in my area and from the prices I have seen on ebay, yikes, I won't be able to afford one. So, my dh said he would make one if I will buy the plans from a guy we found on the internet. However, I would love to know if you have tried sitting at the table with a machine on it? If not, would you agree to be a guinea pig for me? They look small to me but someone told be that you can sit and sew comfortable. I hope so.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:17 AM

Wow, Christy, I would love to find one of those I could afford. That would be wonderful to have! Oh, well, please don't send me one now -- I couldn't afford it! I think I need to buy plans for one and put my son to work! LOL!

Jeanette
Old 06-24-2015, 01:49 PM

Wow, what a find, thanks for sharing and now you've got us all excited for you. Looking forward to further pictures when you get done with the project. At least now I'll know what I'm seeing if I ever find one. Love this board. Keeps us educated for sure.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I SAW that listing! I almost bid on it too, simply because it was so inexpensive, but I restrained myself. I'm glad you got it!
I am lucky you didn't! Someone actually had posted that listing on the Facebook group because it was inaccurate. The listing stated it was a 301. That's probably why it didn't get bidders.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
BUT the other week I saw a 201 on CL, emailed and 3 or 4 days later got an answer. I just had surgery so delayed sending DH after it. He looked at it and talked the people down to just about giving it to him. LOL. He got it home and it has a frozen pressure bar and a rusted bobbin carrier. The needle bar is still in time out but the rest of the machine works like a new one. I should get off here and give that bar another squirt.
Good for you on getting the 201. I am sure you can get it moving and in good shape again. In about an hour or faster LOL! If it's something you want, the longer you take the more risk of losing out. I have hesitated before and lost.

The height of the table should be fine for sewing. It's listed as being 29" tall. Most of my tables are either 29 or 30 inches but of course that also depends on how tall you are and the chair you use.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:00 AM

I am lucky you didn't! Someone actually had posted that listing on the Facebook group because it was inaccurate. The listing stated it was a 301. That's probably why it didn't get bidders.
Yeah, I could tell it wasn't a 301 right away (partially because I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a black 301 long bed). It's just funny because I was highest bidder on a green 319 when I saw it and at first thought it was another 319 but in black, and I was kicking myself because I would prefer black but I didn't really want TWO. Then I realized it's a 306 and I felt a little better, but was tempted to buy it all over again because it WASN'T a 319 and I don't HAVE a 306! But I am trying to not buy so many machines so I convinced myself that a 319 is really not that different from a 306 and forced myself to let it go - so I really am glad you got it! I feel like it's staying "in the family".
Old 06-25-2015, 06:08 AM

I know what you mean...I see a machine and it just worms its way under my skin and lays eggs in my heart, like a parasite. I just won a machine on Sunday that I LITERALLY dreamed about for 3 nights in a row before I finally bid on it. I just HAD to have it, I was obsessed and it needed to become mine!![/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha...this is so funny because it's so true!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:49 AM

OMG My SIL that lives with me would not like to lose his computer corner, but that just has to be shown off. Great score
Old 06-25-2015, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
The 2 DGKs that like to mess with machines were over this morning. We cleaned up the gear areas and then tackled the pressure bar. It works - 5 min job.