Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
My Craigslist find this weekend >

My Craigslist find this weekend

My Craigslist find this weekend

Old 06-23-2015, 01:25 PM

Congrats on getting the table!

I know the feeling - when I saw the craigslist add for a FW and table - the add was listed as being on the south side of Omaha NE, which is over 4 hour drive, but DH said OK - so I called.

Turned out the table was at the home they were selling - in northeast NE - so just under 3 hours away. I didn't have a need for another machine, but I wasn't going to dicker about it.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Sewnoma, I won a machine yesterday that I threw a bid at on a lark! I had no doubts my weaselly little .99 would be buried under other bids as the week went by and then yesterday I went and checked and there were NO other bidders! I won a black 306 for .99 and shipping. I am dumbfounded.
Congratulations. Many collectors stay away from 206s and 306s because of the required needle and the idiosyncrasies of the swing needle. However, everything adjusted they are great sewers.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vridar View Post
Congratulations. Many collectors stay away from 206s and 306s because of the required needle and the idiosyncrasies of the swing needle. However, everything adjusted they are great sewers.
Thanks! It's not one I would look for if I were just needing a sewing machine but these odd birds intrigue me.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Congrats on getting the table!

I know the feeling - when I saw the craigslist add for a FW and table - the add was listed as being on the south side of Omaha NE, which is over 4 hour drive, but DH said OK - so I called.

Turned out the table was at the home they were selling - in northeast NE - so just under 3 hours away. I didn't have a need for another machine, but I wasn't going to dicker about it.
Nope! If it's a good deal and you know you want it, there's no time to horse around about it. You just have to go for it!
Old 06-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Nope! If it's a good deal and you know you want it, there's no time to horse around about it. You just have to go for it!
Absolutely! Every time I hem and haw about calling, the machine or whatever it is, is gone. When I found my FW, it was just meant to be. I got on CL, it was the first post I saw. The seller had literally just posted it less than a minute before I called!

Cari
Old 06-23-2015, 05:49 PM

Congrats on a great find, I would to find one also, but so happy for you!!
Old 06-24-2015, 03:55 AM

that is one great table ! Will be gorgeous, her twin was on display at "Road to California" this past January and people (including me) stopped dead in their tracks when they saw it.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:56 AM

Good for you! I'm very envious. I've been looking for one of those myself. Just picked up a FW card table the other day for $12 and I thought that was a pretty decent score. Very happy for you.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:14 AM

Congrats on your FW table! It's my understanding they're rare. I know there are one or two people making reproductions for pretty big $. An original is just much better. Congrats on your 306 too. I don't own one but have seen one in person. They're neat machines.

CD given the behavior of some people at live auctions guarding your stuff isn't paranoid or over excitement. It's wise.
Small valuable items in lots have a strange habit of disappearing sometimes. I don't go to many auctions but I have seen people moving stuff around during previews and I think once or twice afterward.
Rodney
Old 06-24-2015, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
that is one great table ! Will be gorgeous, her twin was on display at "Road to California" this past January and people (including me) stopped dead in their tracks when they saw it.
I hope I can get a good restoration on it!

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
Good for you! I'm very envious. I've been looking for one of those myself. Just picked up a FW card table the other day for $12 and I thought that was a pretty decent score. Very happy for you.
Your card table was a wonderful score! You have me beat on that one. I have a 301 card table but not a FW one.

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Congrats on your FW table! It's my understanding they're rare. I know there are one or two people making reproductions for pretty big $. An original is just much better. Congrats on your 306 too. I don't own one but have seen one in person. They're neat machines.
The 306 will be interesting. I am crossing my fingers it arrives safely. I sent information on packing to the seller (politely asking her to read it) and received no response. It's coming via FedEx.

There is one of these tables on eBay right now. The seller is asking $1750.00 for it. This article was written inn 1997 and claims there are only 12-13 that have been accounted for and the last one was up for sale for 2500.00 http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...nd_tables.html I would imagine more would have been found by now but really don't know! I DO know that I never thought I would find one at a price I could afford.