Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Necchi Lydia 544, anyone have one?

Necchi Lydia 544, anyone have one?

I purchased a Necchi Lydia 544 at GW on Tuesday. The price was $29.99 but with I had a 10% off coupon and it was senior citizens 10% off day so she cost me $24.00. She does not have the cover, or any other attachments. But she came with the foot controller and I was able to plug her in to test the motor. She runs.

I had to think long and hard about adding another girl to the hoard/herd but I could not leave her there to an unknown fate. I will have to find a manual because this sewing machine is not intuitive. I don't think I would have ever figured out how to thread her without finding a Youtube video. She is one grimy, dirty girl and will be today's cleaning project. I am fascinated by this sewing machine because she is so different in every way from any of my other sewing machines. I will be posting pictures of her later today.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful purchase! Have you joined the Yahoo Necchi group? It has tutorials and, of course, answers to questions. My Necchi is so basic that I haven't had many questions, but a Lydia would be different.

I may consider the Yahoo Necchi group. But only because this sewing machine is a "horse of another color". And I really want to get into her innards. From what I have been able to determine from the Internet is that Necchi Lydias can have plastic camshaft issues. I oiled her well yesterday and played with all of the knobs and sort of figured out how she functions.
    Sweet Caroline

i love seeing what everyone gets a special machine. love to see pics later. just oogle over them.

Yep, can't wait to see pics! How about some "before" and "after" pics?
    ~~Cathy~~

I was just watching a few videos about the Necchi SM's and I'm wondering which is the correct pronunciation of Necchi. The 3 versions that I heard were....Neck-ee....Neh-chee....and Knee-chee. I've always said it this way-- neck-ee. Inquiring minds would like to know how everyone else pronounces it.
    ~~Cathy~~

Blog Entries
    I have always referred to mine as neck-ee.

Having cavorted with mine for over 40yrs. I can vouch for NeckE pronounciation.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Yes, my first instinct was to say Neeeeecccccccchi because it sounded so Italian, but indeed it is Necke. LOL

I just cleaned a Lydia. She is a beauty! Rotary bobbin, powerful motor. Well built and thought out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast