Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

vintagemotif 03-14-2012 07:51 AM

MUV, again another pretty quilt from you! For the seams you may want to try ironing them open. I once read of a quilter that preferred that method over the ironing to one side the seams together method. Although, I can't recall her reason for using this method, but it could be for the quilting.

jillnjo 03-14-2012 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Muv, amazing quilting with treadle! A lovely doll quilt, too.

I pieced this LC with my Free treadle, the first I've used a treadle, lots of fun![ATTACH=CONFIG]319821[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 03-14-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5059594)
Muv, amazing quilting with treadle! A lovely doll quilt, too.

I pieced this LC with my Free treadle, the first I've used a treadle, lots of fun![ATTACH=CONFIG]319821[/ATTACH]

Jillnjo, Your log cabin looks to a a scrappy quilt. Very cheery and pretty! It is fun using the treadles! Very nicely done. Thanks for Sharing!

BoJangles 03-14-2012 10:47 AM

Bennett, great baby boy's quilt!

Muv, I love the doll quilt. Isn't it fun to quilt with a 15! I love to use my 15-88 for FM - in fact, that is all I use that machine for!

Nancy great log cabin lap quilt! I have used my Free #5 for piecing too, although, not so much now a days as I use either my Eldredge Two Spools, or my 319w! But, I still love my Free #5, a great machine to use!

Nancy

Ps I think I already told you Monica, that your stars are just exquisite!

Muv 03-14-2012 12:40 PM

Jillnjo - love the log cabin! Using blue for the centre squares is really effective. Piecing a log cabin on a treadle is definitely on my list of things to do... Why does my list get longer every time I look at this thread?

vintagemotif 03-14-2012 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5060184)
Jillnjo - love the log cabin! Using blue for the centre squares is really effective. Piecing a log cabin on a treadle is definitely on my list of things to do... Why does my list get longer every time I look at this thread?

The QB is a dangerous site! :) I started a couple of BOM that I thought I would only watch. I find it fun to see the quilts made with vintage machine along with all the quilts on the QB.

Bennett 03-14-2012 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5059594)

Very pretty! Love how the scraps are all tied together with the blue.

jljack 03-14-2012 03:27 PM

Muv and Monica I really like your quilts. Monica, I like the simplicity of just the 3 stars.

jillnjo, also your LC quilt...love it in scraps!!

vintagemotif 03-14-2012 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 5060444)
Muv and Monica I really like your quilts. Monica, I like the simplicity of just the 3 stars.

jillnjo, also your LC quilt...love it in scraps!!

Thanks! I'm still trying to catch up with that BOM. I've been following the 50 Fabulous State Stars BOM. I'm thinking of using groups of three or five stars to a quilt.

SewExtremeSeams 03-15-2012 02:01 PM

Jillnjo, beautiful log cabin. My favorite block! :)