Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

totosmom 04-14-2012 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker (Post 5139458)
You've achieved a manly quilt without sacrificing style....very cool! Love the back....makes it truly reversible. Great job.

Thank you Earthwalker. I asked DH what colors he wanted, but they were all so dark that I added in the beige. Since the back was so big, I decided to carry the rail fences over to the back too.

Of course, I couldn't have done it without my vintage Viking which looks like its younger sister. It was a joy to use it again (it had been a while). What I'm really looking forward to is finishing our work on the Singer 127 treadle so that I can learn how to use it too. Now that is vintage!

Ah, so many projects and so little time.

vintagemotif 04-14-2012 09:31 AM

Dorothy, I like your manly quilt for your husband. Thanks for sharing with us!

Bennett 04-14-2012 07:09 PM

Dorothy, your quilt looks very cozy, and I like how you incorporated the colors/design on the back! Your husband is very lucky. :)

vintagemotif 04-16-2012 09:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Made another that has a spring theme and used some of my PP Stars. This quilt will be a gift for a friend. Machines used were Singer 201 for PP, Two Spools for piecing, Davis NVF for quilting and binding, and Necchi Supernova for the decorative stitches on binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328465[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]328466[/ATTACH]

BoJangles 04-17-2012 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5147316)
Made another that has a spring theme and used some of my PP Stars. This quilt will be a gift for a friend. Machines used were Singer 201 for PP, Two Spools for piecing, Davis NVF for quilting and binding, and Necchi Supernova for the decorative stitches on binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328465[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]328466[/ATTACH]

Monica, I love the stars. You are really getting good at paper piecing! Do you enjoy paper piecing? I have only tried that technique for a wall hanging. I like the way you do your backs - with a fabric from the front!

Nancy

vintagemotif 04-17-2012 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5147853)
Monica, I love the stars. You are really getting good at paper piecing! Do you enjoy paper piecing? I have only tried that technique for a wall hanging. I like the way you do your backs - with a fabric from the front!

Nancy

Nancy, Thanks! I do find the PP to be fun, just that I think that I'm still wasting lots of fabric in the process of making the PP, since I sometimes miss judge the amount of fabric needed. I love carrying the theme from front to back to make the quilt look good on both sides.

AZ Jane 04-17-2012 10:56 AM

Quilt #3

3 Attachment(s)
My 3rd quilt using my 1936 FW for piecing and New 160th Anniversary for quilting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]328556[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]328558[/ATTACH]

SewExtremeSeams 04-17-2012 11:02 AM

Jane, your quilts is so beautiful. I love the special touch you put on your label. WoW!

vintagemotif 04-17-2012 02:38 PM

AZ Jane, I love your signature label on this pretty quilt! Very nicely done!

totosmom 04-17-2012 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5147316)

Oh lovely, vintagemotif. I really like the double line quilting that you did and the echo quilting of the stars really makes them pop. Well done.