Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

Charlee 06-21-2012 03:20 PM

Aw Ramona! That's so sad! You know...they're never too old to put up for adoption!! ~wink~

What kind of machine was it?

melinda1962 06-23-2012 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, Miss Miriam, the Yellow Brother, finally got to make her a project. This was supposed to be donated for a[ATTACH=CONFIG]344117[/ATTACH] door prize at a local country music show, but my husband got a little green-eyed when he saw it and heard what I was going to do with it. Seeing he tolerates my sewing machine addiction, I will probably let him "win" the door prize this time.

grannysewer 06-23-2012 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 (Post 5311153)
Well, Miss Miriam, the Yellow Brother, finally got to make her a project. This was supposed to be donated for a[ATTACH=CONFIG]344117[/ATTACH] door prize at a local country music show, but my husband got a little green-eyed when he saw it and heard what I was going to do with it. Seeing he tolerates my sewing machine addiction, I will probably let him "win" the door prize this time.

I like that quilt! I can see why he's green-eyed. Good job!

grannysewer 06-23-2012 02:26 PM

Forgot to ask. What's the pattern?

miriam 06-23-2012 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 (Post 5311153)

I LOVE it!!! How beautiful. I think DH deserves it.

melinda1962 06-24-2012 09:04 AM

It is my version of a disappearing 9 patch. It did end up as a door prize, and when the announcer held it up, there were many oohs and aahs from the audience, and a lot of "did you really make it?" going on. A very nice lady won it and kept showing everybody. My husband will get the next one, more hunting themed. That one was more for a patriotic picnic blanket, at least that is how I worded the description. Thank yall for liking it.

vintagemotif 06-24-2012 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 (Post 5313219)
It is my version of a disappearing 9 patch. It did end up as a door prize, and when the announcer held it up, there were many oohs and aahs from the audience, and a lot of "did you really make it?" going on. A very nice lady won it and kept showing everybody. My husband will get the next one, more hunting themed. That one was more for a patriotic picnic blanket, at least that is how I worded the description. Thank yall for liking it.

Melinda, Very nice nine patch! It has a summer fresh look of July.

Muv 06-25-2012 02:07 AM

More lovely quilts!

Janice - brilliant work with all those triangles.

Grannysewer - really jolly race quilt. It's funny, the diagonal lines give an illusion of speed.

Melinda - bravo to your husband for making you keep the quilt! It's interesting that he took to those colours, so unlike Glenn's quilt where there is definite emphasis on conventional blokey browns and greens.

Not that Glenn's quilt is anything but conventional! Such fun seeing all the different ideas that went into it.

miriam 06-25-2012 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5314903)
More lovely quilts!

Janice - brilliant work with all those triangles.

Grannysewer - really jolly race quilt. It's funny, the diagonal lines give an illusion of speed.

Melinda - bravo to your husband for making you keep the quilt! It's interesting that he took to those colours, so unlike Glenn's quilt where there is definite emphasis on conventional blokey browns and greens.

Not that Glenn's quilt is anything but conventional! Such fun seeing all the different ideas that went into it.

Muv, we didn't ask Glenn what color he wanted... He likes what he got though.

Ariannaquilts 06-25-2012 05:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Muv love the Diamond Jubilee it is beautiful, it amazes me that you do that beautiful freemotion with a treadle! By the way I looked for the video of the fmq but was not able to find.
I love all the quilts that are made with the vintage machines I just think it is so awesome what you can do with them and how they purr. I just finished my very first on my Singer 99 I am going to attempt to post pictures of the quilt and Miss Rosie