Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

chris_quilts 06-09-2012 07:22 PM

Janice; Beautiful quilt. The quiltmaker loks pretty good too. One of these days, I will remember to take pictures before gifting and post them here. I use my 301A almosty exclusively for piecing and quilting.
Chris

BoJangles 06-10-2012 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 5277773)
Here is a quilt I pieced entirely on my 301a. The whole top was done on it. I did quilt it on my short arm setup, but also put the binding on with the 301a. I'm so happy with how it came out. It is for my friend's daughter for graduation from high school. She loves all things red, and has a liking for triangles. :-) It's from the mom & dad...I was just the maker!!

Janice what do you mean it is from "the Mom and Dad" you were just the 'Maker!' Geeze, so they bought the fabric (I assume that is the case) . . . you did all the work! Beautiful work too!

Nancy

jljack 06-10-2012 06:36 PM

Yes, they did buy the fabrics, and I did supply the "making". LOL Thanks for the thumbs up, Chris & Nancy!!

Muv, that is a really wonderful banner you made.
Bennett, those are such cute fishy quilts!! Love the colors!

Candace 06-10-2012 07:10 PM

Muv, great free motion quilting. Bennett, I love the fishes. Is there a pattern? I'd love to try that with scraps for my charity quilts. Jljack, great job!! 301's are going to go up and up in value, IMO. They're awesome machines.

Bennett 06-11-2012 06:19 AM

Jljack, I love the red! Are the middle squares a pattern fabric or pieced? I want to pull out my 301 and put her through her paces on one of my days off this week. :)

Candace, no pattern except my scratchings on graph paper, square-in-square calculator, and a little trial and error. I was inspired by the picture here: fish inspiration.

jljack 06-11-2012 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5280120)
Muv, great free motion quilting. Bennett, I love the fishes. Is there a pattern? I'd love to try that with scraps for my charity quilts. Jljack, great job!! 301's are going to go up and up in value, IMO. They're awesome machines.

Candace, yes, it's in one of the quilting magazines. I'll find it and PM the info to you. Beware...it took many many hours making 2" HSTs!! :-)

jljack 06-11-2012 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett (Post 5280946)
Jljack, I love the red! Are the middle squares a pattern fabric or pieced? I want to pull out my 301 and put her through her paces on one of my days off this week. :)

Candace, no pattern except my scratchings on graph paper, square-in-square calculator, and a little trial and error. I was inspired by the picture here: fish inspiration.

Bennett, the large squares are cut from a toile style print. Surprisingly the blocks have the strips of small HSTs diagonally across the block and then triangles of the toile fabric sewn on each side to make a square. When these are sewn together you get what appears to be large solid squares between the Xs of HSTs, but it's not how it is.

Candace 06-11-2012 12:26 PM

I use Triangulations for all my HST's and they come out perfect:> And it allows me to do them on all my vintage machines.

grannysewer 06-18-2012 02:13 PM

Jelly roll quilt top

1 Attachment(s)
This was my jelly roll race quilt top. I pieced it on my 301 and did the applique on my 500. They both sew beautifully. I will finish it somehow and donate it to the local VA. Thought it turned out pretty good.

Candace 06-18-2012 02:27 PM

Wow, that came out great! The appliques were a nice touch.